Username
Password

06:42 PM on 01/22/13 
User Info.
lucygray
often imitated, never duplicated
No Avatar Selected
Female - 23 Years Old
This and Fruitvale were the two I couldn't wait to hear about and they both got great reviews so I cannot wait to see it. It's also kind of insane how great of an actress Shailene Woodley is when she's working with the right material.

Also, I read the book this was based on and a script that was floating around and both are just really great.
07:34 PM on 07/30/13 
User Info.
lucygray
No Avatar Selected
Female - 23 Years Old
I loved this movie sooo much.
09:08 PM on 09/03/13 
User Info.
lucygray
No Avatar Selected
Female - 23 Years Old
I liked it, but it was pretty depressing throughout and it ended abruptly. Issues with Shailene's character too, those screenwriters really don't know how to write a three-dimensional girl. I never took issue with that flaw in 500 Days of Summer because that was all Tom's perspective of the story, but here it was irritating at times. Sad I didn't love it, liked it for the acting really.

Have you read the book it's based on? Shailene's character is pretty much true to her book counterpart and you're supposed to find issues with her so I feel like they actually got that right.
08:28 PM on 09/04/13 
User Info.
lucygray
No Avatar Selected
Female - 23 Years Old
It is. They captured the essence of the characters so well with Woodley and Teller. It adds a lot more to each character, so if you like the film, you'll love the book.

Yep, completely agree. I like the small changes the film made from the books as far as character traits go as well, because sometimes it was painfully obvious that the book was being written by an older man. Still great though.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos