Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 57
09:53 PM on 01/21/13
SteveLikesMusic
I'm A Man, Dammit
User Info.
Just the vinyl is 30$ are you out of your fucking mind?!

Some major labels/artists charge this on a regular basis: I've seen Jack White and Foo Fighters at this price at a local record shop.
10:17 PM on 01/21/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Some major labels/artists charge this on a regular basis: I've seen Jack White and Foo Fighters at this price at a local record shop.

New? "Wasting Light" is 19.99 on Amazon. I bought One by One for 15 bucks last month.

Not sure I agree.
10:23 PM on 01/21/13
nfarreller
http://asgideonweeps.bandcamp.co m/
User Info.
Yeah same reaction here. Then I thought maybe because there are 2 of them.
Double LP's are usually $20-23.

You'd think since they have to press so many of them it'd be cheaper than all those DIY bands that press 100 copies and still sell them for $10.
10:48 PM on 01/21/13
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
I didn't realize that it was a double LP at first - realistically this is maybe $5 overpriced. Too much backlash about the price.
10:54 PM on 01/21/13
EatShit182
Misanthrope
User Info.
I'll wait and see how the single is ..
11:06 PM on 01/21/13
kaylasananjou
Count Your Lucky Stars Records / Kayla
User Info.
over $100 for the deluxe bundle. i hate that if i had the money, i would buy it. FBR is horrible at marking things up like this.
11:09 PM on 01/21/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
I didn't realize that it was a double LP at first - realistically this is maybe $5 overpriced. Too much backlash about the price.
eh, I can understand why people are bummed. There is nothing really special about this pressing to validate spending close to 40 bucks on it. It doesn't appear to be 180 gram and the black variant is most likely not limited. There's no cool variant or litho or anything to really justify it. I'm not gonna get up in arms about it because that's just how it is for the majority of majors and what they price something. I mean, I spent 23 bucks total on the Converge 2xLP and that was a limited variant, nice weight to the record, foil cover, beautiful gatefold, etc. I mean, you know how it is. P+P puts out a great product with its record releases for probably more than half the price of this Paramore vinyl. haha
11:32 PM on 01/21/13
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
User Info.
eh, I can understand why people are bummed. There is nothing really special about this pressing to validate spending close to 40 bucks on it. It doesn't appear to be 180 gram and the black variant is most likely not limited. There's no cool variant or litho or anything to really justify it. I'm not gonna get up in arms about it because that's just how it is for the majority of majors and what they price something. I mean, I spent 23 bucks total on the Converge 2xLP and that was a limited variant, nice weight to the record, foil cover, beautiful gatefold, etc. I mean, you know how it is. P+P puts out a great product with its record releases for probably more than half the price of this Paramore vinyl. haha

I'm guessing it's because FBR is owned by Warner, who is synonymous with charging a ton for plain vinyl. Ridiculous, but if it sells then good for them.
12:41 AM on 01/22/13
benjammin07
User Info.
very pricey -_-
02:29 AM on 01/22/13
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
there's a niche for everything. atlantic records' niche is to make money on vinyl when they can. that time is now.
04:33 AM on 01/22/13
drtomoe123
User Info.
So vinyl is $30, and the sweatshirt is only available through the $100 shipped bundle. Yeesh.

But, they'll likely sell out of everything, so I guess I can't comment.
It took them forever to sell out of the Singles Club box set and that was /3500 while the box set here is /7000.

Granted, the former was four singles and this is a new album, so it'll probably turn out differently, but I was definitely surprised to see that it didn't sell out for a long time.
04:40 AM on 01/22/13
rebelaznboy
Creative Developer
User Info.
$30 way too much for vinyl when you have to factor in shipping costs. I will end up just picking up the vinyl at my local vinyl shop for about $15.
04:42 AM on 01/22/13
SteveLikesMusic
I'm A Man, Dammit
User Info.
New? "Wasting Light" is 19.99 on Amazon. I bought One by One for 15 bucks last month.

Not sure I agree.

Yea man, I remember paying $35 for Wasting Light after tax. Probably should have went and found a better deal but I was impatient.
06:13 AM on 01/22/13
fearthesloths
blown from the hinge
User Info.
yeaaah i'm not gonna pay $30 + shipping for a vinyl of an album i haven't heard yet.
06:17 AM on 01/22/13
buddah knome
Registered Member
User Info.

Not sure I agree.
no he is right it just depends where you're shopping. Go to an f.y.e that sells vinyl and you will pay $30 for a foo fighters record.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos