Username
Password

05:11 AM on 01/22/13 
User Info.
PeeDster
@alextranslantic
Switzerland
Male - 29 Years Old
Left at least half their albums out because their are so many I don't really remember some of them well enough.

1. The Process of Belief
2. The Empire Strikes First
3. Suffer
4. Stranger Than Fiction
5. Generator
6. The Grey Race
7. The New America
8. New Maps of Hell
06:38 AM on 01/22/13 
User Info.
PeeDster
@alextranslantic
Switzerland
Male - 29 Years Old
Had never heard of "Into The Unknown" , started listening to it just now, I am giggling.
07:11 AM on 01/22/13 
User Info.
PeeDster
@alextranslantic
Switzerland
Male - 29 Years Old
They certainly don't play any tracks from it, but the album shows a lot of the creativity the band had up their sleeve -- even if the results ended up somewhat strange. The album also resulted in the departure of two band members, which unquestionably shaped Bad Religion going forward. Of course it's not their best, but it's an important listen into Bad Religion history.

My favorite "thing" about Bad Religion is watching the music industry's production style, cost, and effort change over the course of three decades. Fourteen year olds can do more with a $300 laptop in 2013 than Bad Religion could do with their entire budget when their debut came out. As they gained label support, as production costs dropped, as the loudness wars took hold.. the results were generally a band playing the same style of music decades later but in a more polished form.

There are a lot of bands who have their own version of Into the Unknown these days, but it's not as noticeable with the super slick production that has become a standard for all genres.

It's not that bad at all! It is just really odd hearing it in comparison to the rest of their catalog

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos