AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

10:00 AM on 01/23/13 
User Info.
Chris Collum
Louisville, KY
Staff Member
Nah I can't play my records because some are in mint condition and I don't wanna damage their value plus my sound system is also in mint condition so I can't damage it either so I like looking at them and yeah
10:01 AM on 01/23/13 
User Info.
caveBEAR
( ω )
Palm Coast, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
Nah I can't play my records because some are in mint condition and I don't wanna damage their value plus my sound system is also in mint condition so I can't damage it either so I like looking at them and yeah

Use an industrial degreaser on your fingertips - remove your record, and run your finger along the grooves while playing your MP3 of the album. It's pretty much like listening to the record.

Not anymore I'm in the process of breaking them and ordering more records

Good man.
10:03 AM on 01/23/13 
User Info.
Chris Collum
Louisville, KY
Staff Member
Use an industrial degreaser on your fingertips - remove your record, and run your finger along the grooves while playing your MP3 of the album. It's pretty much like listening to the record.

Nah dude I like looking at my vinyls better anyway because that way you don't have to get off the couch and flip it over ever
10:04 AM on 01/23/13 
User Info.
Chris Collum
Louisville, KY
Staff Member
Oh SHIT just realized OP said this is NOT a snarky question.....
10:07 AM on 01/23/13 
User Info.
caveBEAR
( ω )
Palm Coast, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
oops/.
10:17 AM on 01/23/13 
User Info.
xJesusFreakx
duh please
PA
Male - 25 Years Old
My record player is a piece of shit, so for now I just collect stuff, but I don't really buy vinyl too often, unless it's record store day or something... but that will probably change once I get a better turntable

Literally this.

It's similar to why I buy Bluray without an HDTV, some bought before I even got my Bluray player. It's like investing in the future. The limited pressing of many releases and existence of download codes gives me added incentive to do this.
10:19 AM on 01/23/13 
User Info.
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
Wright City, MO
Male - 26 Years Old
I buy vinyls for bragging rights
10:36 AM on 01/23/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old
Literally this.

It's similar to why I buy Bluray without an HDTV, some bought before I even got my Bluray player. It's like investing in the future. The limited pressing of many releases and existence of download codes gives me added incentive to do this.

I agree. The fact that there are limited pressing that won't be available later on, gives you a reason to buy the vinyl now, even though you won't use it until later... plus the download codes (while I don't really care about them) make it a no brainer for someone who would've paid for a iTunes download anyway
10:40 AM on 01/23/13 
User Info.
sjb2k1
the bull city
Female - 31 Years Old
okay so we all agree, we buy our records to play them.
10:47 AM on 01/23/13 
User Info.
deanster321
BLEGH
Birmingham/Huddersfi...
Male - 23 Years Old
I buy mine for when the zombies come.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music