Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts
01:54 PM on 01/22/13
StephenYoung
dumb
User Info.
Will they ever tour outside of America?
Why would they? It's literally either stay in Canada and tour arenas (not to mention live off the "Call me Maybe" royalties) or spend too much money touring in a van in small venues with awful pop rock bands.

It sucks for Americans, but I fully understand why the band wouldn't want to put themselves on the line to try and play an American market that's historically unfavourable to Canadian bands (Hedley, Alexisonfire, Simple Plan, etc.)
04:24 PM on 01/22/13
StephenYoung
dumb
User Info.
I'm from the UK, I'm pretty sure AOF have a massive fanbase over here which is why they had 2 sell out nights in London for the Farewell Tour and released live CDs from tours here. So I don't see why a band of Marianas' stature in Canada wouldn't find success over here, especially when Josh produced one of the most aired songs of 2012 over here. Which in my opinion is in a similar vein to the singles from Ever After.
Yeah, AOF was big everywhere but the US. I'm just saying whatever, but MT is so huge up here that it's unpractical to tour the US. What are they gonna do, spend a year playing bars and opening concerts and face the chance to not succeeding, or play 2-3 stadium tours a year with all their theatrics up here?

I'm not saying that there isn't an MT audience in Europe or in the US, but at this point of their career, you kinda have to wonder why they'd spend time and money getting "big" when they're already massive here. It's also very expensive acquiring Visas to tour the US. This isn't really an issue for MT at their level, but it explains why a lot of bands from here don't tour the states that often.
04:40 PM on 01/22/13
StephenYoung
dumb
User Info.
I'm just thinking about it from the fan base perspective, bands like MT have fans worldwide and not just in Canada. Sure it's expensive touring the world but if a band solely tour in one area just because it would be more of an inconvenience that suggests that they are more worried about spending money than pleasing their fan base.

I could understand some bands of smaller levels of fame only being able to tour in their country of origin, but when you can afford to tour the world and have a label giving you backing for tours then, it's opportunity for them to reach out to their current audience and potentially gain new fans.
Well, i mean they ARE a pop band recording pop songs for the radio, I doubt that they're worrying about a couple fans in other countries. They'll probably eventually tour Europe though.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos