Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 8 posts
02:43 PM on 01/22/13
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
It doesn't (or shouldn't?) take an engineer to understand that this really isn't a big deal.

For an outdoor performance this giant, it's more surprising that Kelly Clarkson didn't lip-sync.

stupid of her to do this before her Superbowl performance.
ehhh Beyoncé has this weird stranglehold on people's emotions. Somehow, I doubt there will be too many people griping about lip-syncing (though it's almost a guarantee that she's at least currently planning to lip-sync at the halftime show).

I don't like Beyonce that much and I find all the insane hype around her more confusing than anything else.. But still, my guess is that she'll be getting nothing but praise for how "fierce" she is.
02:48 PM on 01/22/13
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
I don't care about her either way, but I wouldn't even consider caring if she wasn't so damn dramatic about it as if she were really singing.
Someone posted a tweet comparing Beyonce taking out her earpiece to Luke disabling the targeting computer when he's in the Death Star.

Now that tweet seems sad instead of hilarious, because she sells the performance aspect sooo hard.

All Superbowl performances are lypsynced... Even Bruce Springstean did it.
Thank you.
Lip-syncing on SNL (á la Ashlee Simpson) is nothing comparable to doing it at the Super Bowl or in any ultra-massive venue (especially outdoor ones).
03:07 PM on 01/22/13
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
So dumb. She can sing, so why didn't she?
There are a lot of considerations that need to be made for big performances like this one. If she was anything but 100% healthy, if there was a possibility of a technical issue arising for live singing, etc. it was likwly a prudent choice.

At the end of the day, she sang her heart out (in the studio) and until this "revelation" her beautiful voice and the passion of her delivery were headline news.
03:14 PM on 01/22/13
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
If we're going to our panties in a bunch over Lance Armstrong using PEDs, then we should be just as upset when singers use pre-recorded tracks to perform.
:-x

Is it even worth it to list the difference between PEDs and lip-syncing?

YEAH!

Also, LOL @ Ansari's tweet about this:

‏@azizansari
"Hey Aziz, can you the sing the National Anthem into this mic? I won't do anything with this recording..." - Beyonce, 3 days ago #Betrayed
This... is incredible.
04:45 PM on 01/22/13
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
Not to mention that, as far as we know, she hasn't nearly been as shitty as Armstrong in regards to covering it up.
hahah I hate to legitimize the comparison at all by talking about it, but you're totally right and you bring up a good point - if she addresses this at all, she'll likely be savvy enough to admit it freely.
11:18 AM on 01/23/13
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
11:18 AM on 01/23/13
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
Do you realize what this was for and how many people are watching?

This isn't a fucking high school football game.
le sigh. Some people just can't help getting their panties up in a bunch.
"Authenticity" blah blah blah
01:04 PM on 01/23/13
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
there is no artistic integrity to uphold. It's the National Anthem.
It's also an event 100% centered around pomp and frills - there's no artistic integrity to uphold when you're trying to put on a gilded parade.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos