Username
Password

02:04 PM on 01/22/13 
User Info.
HarryPotter
No Avatar Selected
Hogwarts
Male - 27 Years Old
So on Friday I was walking into the mall of Georgia through a sea of young people. It was a busy time for kids waiting to see movies and stuff. I was simply going to pick up a shirt from Express. Anyway, as I walked and the sea parted for my 6'3 frame I saw a girl b-line it towards me jumped up and planted one on my lips. With her legs wrapped around my waist I held her up under her arms and pushed her away and gentle brought her back to the ground. In that moment I was terrified. I looked to the left as the four armed officers watched as giant, clearly older me liplocked a clearly underage girl. The cops saw the terror in my eyes as I stared at them, shook my head, and mouthed the words "i didn't do it."
She stood in front of me smiling and it went like this:
"what the hell was that?"
"it was a dare"
"A dare!?"
"Yeah, my friends said I had to kiss blah blah blah" I didn't listen
"A dare!? If you're doing dares you're way too young for me, bro"

I turned to walk away but she grabbed hold
"Wait, you don't think i'm cute?"
"You're like 12"
"i'm 16, and you're like what, 20?"

At this point i thought I was on What Would You Do or Punk'd so I played it very responsible.
"look, you really can't do things like that. It's very dangerous walking up to strangers etc etc, yaddi yaddi yadda"

After being the responsible caring guy i walked away, but she and her friends followed. That's when they tag teamed me.
"Who's the prettiest out of us all?"

Now, these were kids and I know at my age they can be easily impressed so I said "get outta here!" but they just laughed and laughed and followed me like puppies. "get outta here! fucking scram!" but they thought I was joking.

I made it to Express and they came with me. "What are you buying?" And I told in order to not be rude, but in return I got a strange look from the lady working there. I bought the shit and walked outside and to my car where they ended up following.

"You know we get high, so if you wanna smoke we are like into that"

That's when I shook my head. These were kids. very young kids who followed me to my car. I really hoped that that wasn't illegal.

"You have a really nice car, there's so much backseat room"

That sealed it. very young slutty kids. it wasn't like that when I was 16...i wish. I hopped in the car as they were trying to get in but my other doors were locked. I didn't want to put them down too hard so I told them that I had to get home to my mom before curfew. That made me less cool for sure.

did i handle this well?
02:38 PM on 01/22/13 
User Info.
HarryPotter
No Avatar Selected
Hogwarts
Male - 27 Years Old
is that what he did
07:53 PM on 01/22/13 
User Info.
HarryPotter
No Avatar Selected
Hogwarts
Male - 27 Years Old
Damn, I never would have had that courage, then or now lol. When I see a cute boy in public I promptly stare at the ground and walk in a different direction so he doesn't see me, I never would run up and kiss a stranger.
I guess in a way it took courage, so I can see how one can give her "props." And if she were 6 years older then it would have definitely made my day. But alas, the gods aren't ever on my side.
That's fucking scary. You handled it pretty well though. I mean, that doesn't happen everyday so your improvisational skills were well enough.
It really doesn't happen everyday, and you know, if it was slightly modified a bit to be less creepy and more ideal then it would have turned out great. but it is what it is, and instead of making them feel like idiots, which i could have done, I think stared the situation into a better safer direction
Did you wave your arms in the air as you told them to scram? That's what I'm picturing.
If I recall correctly I kinda did have a one arm wave/flick that signaled "scram!" I see now why it wasn't taken seriously
03:15 PM on 01/23/13 
User Info.
HarryPotter
No Avatar Selected
Hogwarts
Male - 27 Years Old
For some reason, I was under the impression you lived in Alberta.

Ha no. Toronto and Atlanta.
04:11 PM on 01/23/13 
User Info.
HarryPotter
No Avatar Selected
Hogwarts
Male - 27 Years Old
Have any connections in Toronto to get me up there?!

What are you, banned from entering??
05:48 PM on 01/23/13 
User Info.
HarryPotter
No Avatar Selected
Hogwarts
Male - 27 Years Old
Lol, no. A while back a started a thread here looking help finding a job au Canada and you mentioned Alberta (I think). Since then I've been applying everywhere in North America in general but with still not a drop of luck. I still would really love to get a job in Canada so I'm taking any leads I can find which is why, seeing you lived in Toronto, I asked if you had any possible connections haha.
Oh yeah, Alberta was where the jobs are. I can't remember your credentials, but specialized degrees go far anywhere (nursing/pharmacy/finance/economics/etc).

If youre serious, get an apartment with a roommate off yonge street in toronto, south of finch. Get a regular lame job (bartender, librarian, barback, blockbuster etc) so that you can cover the rent while you search for a real job. That's pretty much what you have to do anywhere unless you can transfer jobs, or come from a top 14 school...or lucky. I prefer ny for partying, but canadians are different culturally which I kinda like.
08:09 PM on 01/23/13 
User Info.
HarryPotter
No Avatar Selected
Hogwarts
Male - 27 Years Old
One of my main reasons for wanting to move there. I would be fine moving and working a job of that sort but how would I get clearance? I'm 25 so I can't get a student visa and I doubt I could just move there and work without paperwork. If you have any idea of how to fanaggle this let me know.

Also, my degree was in International Business with a Minor in French - unfortunately not as in demand as others.
Canada is much like America, you can apply for a work visa, or you can get sponsored by a company. you can visit canada, get a job, and ask the job people to work that visa stuff out for you. They are usually willing to oblige if it's a decent job and they want you. Seeing as you have a degree it wouldn't be hard for you to just apply for a work visa from the comfort of your home on you computer and wait until they give you one.
Canada, unlike America goes on a point system. College degree gives you points and usually grants you a work visa.
We aren't super strict about that kinda stuff. I sent them my passport picture and i guess it was a few inches too smallso they just stretched out the photo for me in photoshop and stuck it on my passport. My dad applied for an American passport and they mailed it back because his form had page 2 in front of page one and I guess that annoyed them. they said "form out of order, please fix"
05:40 PM on 01/24/13 
User Info.
HarryPotter
No Avatar Selected
Hogwarts
Male - 27 Years Old
Yeah Americans are sticklers for no good reason sometimes. My passport has this ludicrous photo of me sans shirt that looks like a POW photo. Don't know how it got approved but it did lol.

I tried out this "Skilled Worker" visa test and I got 69/100 points (you need 67 to pass). Its this the work visa you speak of? I lost points for not having family in Canada (my great grandfather was québécois but that's too far back unfortunately) as well as not having a job lined up - which is the predicament I have right now. If I had a job in mind then this wouldn't be an issue but being "ineligible to work in Canada" is something that probably aims most of my résumés straight into the trash lol. I was a little confused on the school section; I have a Bachelors degree (4 years) but wasn't sure what they meant of 12-13 additional years of education (k-12?). I worry about my girlfriend, for she wouldn't have the boost in points due to French knowledge so I'm hoping something could be worked out.

Thanks alot for your help, you're very insightful. Didn't want to steal your thunder from your thread!
there ya go.

don't worry about that. Ari always comes to rain on my parade eventually. I mean, I don't think she's missed a chance in the past 2 years. I think she secretly wants to get with this

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos