Username
Password
Album Info. News - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 51 of 51.
09:32 PM on 01/23/13
Reggieboo
The Higher / Reggie
User Info.
They're still able to sell out tours playing 800 cap rooms and their last record sold 12k first week, despite it being self-released and them moving away from their bubblegum pop sound. They're making enough money that it pays all of their bills and then some. It's not like their a band like Rookie of the Year that is still releasing records but can barely draw 30 kids to a show.
Haha... if you think 800 kids a night and 12k first week is paying their bills (not the bands as a whole), but their individual bills, you're not very smart. Nothing against them, its just a losing effort at this point. Please message me the sound scan numbers for the first week of this new release.
10:02 AM on 01/24/13
plns
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Haha... if you think 800 kids a night and 12k first week is paying their bills (not the bands as a whole), but their individual bills, you're not very smart. Nothing against them, its just a losing effort at this point. Please message me the sound scan numbers for the first week of this new release.
I did merch for them between 2009-2011; The dudes all get by comfortably. You don't have to shit on bands in the scene just because your band fucking bombed after On Fire and didn't even really do much before that.
02:31 PM on 01/25/13
Reggieboo
The Higher / Reggie
User Info.
I did merch for them between 2009-2011; The dudes all get by comfortably. You don't have to shit on bands in the scene just because your band fucking bombed after On Fire and didn't even really do much before that.
What scene? Is that real? You're 100% correct about The Higher. I have no regrets about anything that happened with that band. We gave it our best shot, and when it didn't work, we called it a day. We were smart enough it was time to cut our loses. I understand your trying to stand up for your friends which you should do, but you know the end game here. Your not dumb.
09:28 PM on 01/28/13
Jbuch
User Info.
What scene? Is that real? You're 100% correct about The Higher. I have no regrets about anything that happened with that band. We gave it our best shot, and when it didn't work, we called it a day. We were smart enough it was time to cut our loses. I understand your trying to stand up for your friends which you should do, but you know the end game here. Your not dumb.
The dudes get by comfortably and are all able to afford to live on their own, when you're touring world wide(parts of asia, brazil and mexico) and you're drawing 25,000 kids every major tour you're doing something right.
01:12 PM on 01/29/13
Reggieboo
The Higher / Reggie
User Info.
The dudes get by comfortably and are all able to afford to live on their own, when you're touring world wide(parts of asia, brazil and mexico) and you're drawing 25,000 kids every major tour you're doing something right.
The Higher had that same type of success in Japan, and i'm sitting here talking to you. Bottom line is this band is not getting any bigger, kind of at a standstill or declining if anything. I could be completely wrong. 12K first week isn't going to allow you to make music a career. They will be not be doing this for the rest of their lives, and be living comfortably doing it. Thats success to me in this game.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests