Username
Password
Album Info. News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 42 of 42.
10:52 AM on 01/23/13
Sean Rizzo
Can you see evidence of perfection?
User Info.
Because there is no number breakdown or a goal. They'll put what they get towards an album. Why do you need a number breakdown...? That's simple as hell to fake.

Nothing about it is sketchy. Literally, the money goes to the exact same place. If a band sets a goal of $10,000, and makes that money, there's no Kickstarter police making sure the band doesn't spend half of it on drugs... You're just used to that model now.
Thank you for having basic reasoning skills.
11:30 AM on 01/23/13
ZachMadeMeOdd
<("<) ^( " )^ (>")>
User Info.
i knew it, you could've just admitted being gay instead of lashing out like an angry world of warcraft kid at his parents who wouldn't keep paying for his subscription, you suck.

Are there this many homophobes on Ap now? Grow a pair bitch, I'm not gay. In fact your mother is on my dick right meow.
11:46 AM on 01/23/13
Steve Alcala
"Counting Fish"
User Info.
Thank you for having basic reasoning skills.
it just seems so half assed. At the very least, do an Indiegogo, they'd keep all the money whether or not the goal was raised. But to say, "We'll put however much you give us into the record" is just a disconcerting statement.

A band is a business. Expense reports are pretty fucking common so why is it too much to ask from a band? I like Of Machines but this approach just seems to take full advantage of fans with no form of clarity (feigned or not).
02:01 PM on 01/23/13
Niklas
@0urNumbers
User Info.
Where to begin on why people hate Austin. The best way I can put it is Austin likes to control things in bands and he likes to have it his way or he will throw fits about it. This is one of the main reasons he jumped ship on Of Machines mid tour. They where already starting to write a next record and he wanted it to sound like what Woe,Is Me sounds like as of now. And well the rest of the band wanted to go more in a progressive rock type style. So due to this and I am sure other reasons he left. Granted he is a good drummer for the style that he plays. The fact that he likes it his way or no way is a great reason to keep him off this album. We might be able to hear what Of Machines was hinting at before they broke up.
These are all alleged claims of being a "controller". It's hard to prove anything when we all have no clue what went on behind the scenes in both Of Machines and Woe, Is Me. It's all assumption and word of mouth. I for one don't think Austin influenced the Of Machines break-up nor the Woe, Is Me member departures. Cory & Ben Ferris are still friends with Austin. Michael and Tyler both just have a hate for Austin because they both have a horrible ego.
02:03 PM on 01/23/13
Your Milkshake
...I drink it
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
it just seems so half assed. At the very least, do an Indiegogo, they'd keep all the money whether or not the goal was raised. But to say, "We'll put however much you give us into the record" is just a disconcerting statement.

A band is a business. Expense reports are pretty fucking common so why is it too much to ask from a band? I like Of Machines but this approach just seems to take full advantage of fans with no form of clarity (feigned or not).
Are you thinking it wont say how much they've raised or that they wont use it all on the record? I dont get how this whole thing is really any different. You havent done a good job explaining what is disconcerting or sketchy about it.
02:04 PM on 01/23/13
Your Milkshake
...I drink it
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
These are all alleged claims of being a "controller". It's hard to prove anything when we all have no clue what went on behind the scenes in both Of Machines and Woe, Is Me. It's all assumption and word of mouth. I for one don't think Austin influenced the Of Machines break-up nor the Woe, Is Me member departures. Cory & Ben Ferris are still friends with Austin. Michael and Tyler both just have a hate for Austin because they both have a horrible ego.
are you his brother?
02:06 PM on 01/23/13
Niklas
@0urNumbers
User Info.
No, but I'm close friends with people who have been close to him and the rest of the 2010 Woe, Is Me.
02:14 PM on 01/23/13
Your Milkshake
...I drink it
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
No, but I'm close friends with people who have been close to him and the rest of the 2010 Woe, Is Me.
just sayin you look like him
02:40 PM on 01/23/13
Niklas
@0urNumbers
User Info.
just sayin you look like him
Oh how funny.
03:43 PM on 01/23/13
Coverbydesign
User Info.
Never seen someone defend Austin this hard. Also he didn't break up Of Machines they broke up due to just being over the scene. He left mid first tour from having problems with members. Which from what those members have said is due to them wanting to take Of Machines in a different direction and Austin wanting to keep it sounding like what Woe sounds like now.
05:08 PM on 01/23/13
Niklas
@0urNumbers
User Info.
Never seen someone defend Austin this hard. Also he didn't break up Of Machines they broke up due to just being over the scene. He left mid first tour from having problems with members. Which from what those members have said is due to them wanting to take Of Machines in a different direction and Austin wanting to keep it sounding like what Woe sounds like now.
So because he had a disagreement over the genre of the band then it automatically makes him a bad person? I'm defending Austin because he hasn't done anything wrong and people give him so much shit.
06:32 AM on 01/24/13
Coverbydesign
User Info.
So because he had a disagreement over the genre of the band then it automatically makes him a bad person? I'm defending Austin because he hasn't done anything wrong and people give him so much shit.
Because he has gotten a rep of being a douche bag and control freak. I have no ill will towards the dude I think his work he has done in Woe,is me is great. Its just when more then one person has come out and said granted he is a great dummer he likes to control shit. It kinda becomes his rep. I am sure if he could patch things up with the rest of Of Machines and didn't have a tour going on with Woe he would be drumming for this EP. Trust me Austin was one of my fav members in Of Machines. If it wasn't for me wondering where the hell he ran off to I would have not found out about Woe,is me when it was in its unsigned stage.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS