Password
Thrice News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 29 of 29.
02:49 AM on 01/23/13
Keele
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
So the way I'm reading his recent news is that is he'll be doing a worship album and a proper follow up to his solo album this year. Correct?
04:12 AM on 01/23/13
valencourt
Oh well, okay.
User Info.
Hopes to record it later this year, not necessarily release it.
06:04 AM on 01/23/13
get up kidd
I refuse to sink
User Info.
Cant wait for this. Was listening to Please Come Home yesterday.
07:12 AM on 01/23/13
fearthesloths
blown from the hinge
User Info.
very cautious about this... i'd love a follow-up to Please Come Home, but hopefully the aggressive christian BS is left for the worship album and this ends up as something i can actually listen to.
07:25 AM on 01/23/13
Eurotrash Drock
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i lol'd. if it sounds anything like his post-thrice stuff, count me out.
07:46 AM on 01/23/13
SuNDaYSTaR
[Pull The Trigger]
User Info.
At least he's telling us not to be expecting anything.
08:01 AM on 01/23/13
SeanEBoy2686
twitter = SeanAndHeard
User Info.
So the way I'm reading his recent news is that is he'll be doing a worship album and a proper follow up to his solo album this year. Correct?

I'm wondering the same thing... anyone know if this follow-up is seperate from the worship album?
08:42 AM on 01/23/13
jake_rm
Unregistered User
User Info.
Awesome! Hopefully I'll be out of gay rehab by then.
Haha, loved this.
09:19 AM on 01/23/13
Hail Lelouch
User Info.
very cautious about this... i'd love a follow-up to Please Come Home, but hopefully the aggressive christian BS is left for the worship album and this ends up as something i can actually listen to.
agreed
09:27 AM on 01/23/13
kittypants
lordsaveusfromourscene.co m
User Info.
you made a news story out of a 50 character tweet? wow
12:31 PM on 01/23/13
getupguy222
User Info.
Not to keep harping on this on every thread, and everyone can have their opinions, but you guys all realize that "Please Come Home" was pretty aggressively Christian in its lyrics right?

"I believe" pulls from various verses about believing in Jesus though you cant see him.
"Please Come Home" is the story of the Lost Son Jesus told about God's love.
"Consider the Ravens" Is referencing Elijah being fed by ravens and the Israelite being lead by fire
"Blanket of Ghost" References both Paul the apostle and Jesus's teaching in Matthew 26

So that's half the tracks on the album that are not even ambiguously Christian. Then you have song's like "Knew You Before" and "Blood and Wine" sharing obvious Christian themes of being lured by "evil" desires. "weary saints" is a more ambiguous track but it's laced with Christianity through and through. And "Pistol" is a good ole love song about his wife and Cat Stevens.

So my point is this. Hate on him because of his Christian beliefs, you have that right, no doubt. Disagree with him and his beliefs, you have that right. We all can have opinions. I just don't get where all these hardcore fan's of Thrice and his Solo work haven't seen that his lyrics have been devoutly Christian from pretty much the beginning of Thrice.

I just don't understand how this is a surprise for anyone. What did you guys think he was singing about?
09:07 PM on 01/23/13
fearthesloths
blown from the hinge
User Info.
Not to keep harping on this on every thread, and everyone can have their opinions, but you guys all realize that "Please Come Home" was pretty aggressively Christian in its lyrics right?

"I believe" pulls from various verses about believing in Jesus though you cant see him.
"Please Come Home" is the story of the Lost Son Jesus told about God's love.
"Consider the Ravens" Is referencing Elijah being fed by ravens and the Israelite being lead by fire
"Blanket of Ghost" References both Paul the apostle and Jesus's teaching in Matthew 26

So that's half the tracks on the album that are not even ambiguously Christian. Then you have song's like "Knew You Before" and "Blood and Wine" sharing obvious Christian themes of being lured by "evil" desires. "weary saints" is a more ambiguous track but it's laced with Christianity through and through. And "Pistol" is a good ole love song about his wife and Cat Stevens.

So my point is this. Hate on him because of his Christian beliefs, you have that right, no doubt. Disagree with him and his beliefs, you have that right. We all can have opinions. I just don't get where all these hardcore fan's of Thrice and his Solo work haven't seen that his lyrics have been devoutly Christian from pretty much the beginning of Thrice.

I just don't understand how this is a surprise for anyone. What did you guys think he was singing about?

yeah you are right, but there's a difference between using allegorical lyrics like Please Come Home and songs that literally have "I love Jesus, praise his sweet lordlyness" lyrics in them. One I can stand and look past and the other just takes it in to a cheesy category that just doesn't work for me.

I'm well aware that Thrice and his solo stuff we're heavily Christian oriented but he was always tactful with his approach which I can respect, worship music is the complete opposite and I just can't listen to it no matter how musically talented they are.
04:01 AM on 01/24/13
Spenny
Hearts without chains.
User Info.
I can get behind this.
06:45 AM on 01/24/13
getupguy222
User Info.
yeah you are right, but there's a difference between using allegorical lyrics like Please Come Home and songs that literally have "I love Jesus, praise his sweet lordlyness" lyrics in them. One I can stand and look past and the other just takes it in to a cheesy category that just doesn't work for me.

I'm well aware that Thrice and his solo stuff we're heavily Christian oriented but he was always tactful with his approach which I can respect, worship music is the complete opposite and I just can't listen to it no matter how musically talented they are.
I can see and understand that for sure. Being a Christian myself who doesn't listen to "christian music" because of the cheese factor. I totally get what your saying. It's just some fan's act like they had no idea Dustin felt this way. But yeah. I understand. I for sure liked the solo record much more than the modern post stuff.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums