Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 79.
09:44 AM on 01/23/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Love the song.
Love the guest spot.
Died of uncontrollable laughter when Brad sent me the song and I heard Nic's battle cry & lyrics.
As always, a great tune from a great band.
09:45 AM on 01/23/13
I am Mick
http://www.worncolors.bandcamp.c om
User Info.
haha fuccckk, Nic's part is just so blunt
09:52 AM on 01/23/13
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
How Do I Show These Cowboys I'm Alive?
I like this song, I don't really remember liking this bands past output though. Guess I'll have to check out the EP when it drops
09:57 AM on 01/23/13
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
I want my new fucking Gatsby. Do I have to start sending Bobby some angry emails? Ha
09:57 AM on 01/23/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I like this song, I don't really remember liking this bands past output though. Guess I'll have to check out the EP when it drops
Four More songs is easily their best work, in my opinion.
New War is good, but a little more raw than this.
I do really enjoy "The German Affair" though.
10:08 AM on 01/23/13
untitled94
User Info.
I think this is a good song. Much respect for Squid, always working.
10:25 AM on 01/23/13
Voiles
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Is Nic the lyricist for Gatsbys?
10:49 AM on 01/23/13
tossit
Gather round children zip it listen
User Info.
This sounds /a lot/ to me like that Cab song with Patrick Stump...
i thought about that song too...

love hearing nic newsham's voice in anything
11:13 AM on 01/23/13
brook183
@brooks_an
User Info.
"Six strings was way too heavy," haha
11:26 AM on 01/23/13
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
This sounds /a lot/ to me like that Cab song with Patrick Stump...
One...Of...Those...Niiiights!

Couldn't get that out of my head after hearing this song haha. Not necessarily the same, but something clicked in my head with that connection.

Good song though, need to go check out some more Squid stuff.
12:59 PM on 01/23/13
Anton Djamoos
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I want my new fucking Gatsby. Do I have to start sending Bobby some angry emails? Ha
Please do.
01:05 PM on 01/23/13
Arry
apreeesh
User Info.
this is going to be sooo good. and nic sounds great
01:06 PM on 01/23/13
TyroneShoolaces
User Info.
Listen to the lyrics in this verse.
oh wow. that's funny.
01:24 PM on 01/23/13
BigBouch
User Info.
I have loved squid the whale since the beginning. Everything off the new EP has sounded great. One thing I did notice that I'm not a huge fan of during this song. The intro drums, and guitar riffs into and out of the chorus are the same as their song "Melbourne, Australia" from the album with the old singer. Anyone else hear this?

I think I may have seen them preform a song similar to this new one once about a year ago in Lansing. Since I'm a big fan of the old stuff i thought it was the above mentioned "Melbourne, Australia", but the lyrics were definitely different. I would be interested to hear how this song has progressed from original band, to Bradley writing lyrics for it, to the current version on this EP.

I think Bradley can and should sing songs off of "A Worrisome Voyage.." and put his own twist on them in the future. That is some of the other guys in the band's best work.

Hoping they get picked up, or put out more songs before the end of the year, because four songs just isn't enough from these guys.
01:42 PM on 01/23/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I have loved squid the whale since the beginning. Everything off the new EP has sounded great. One thing I did notice that I'm not a huge fan of during this song. The intro drums, and guitar riffs into and out of the chorus are the same as their song "Melbourne, Australia" from the album with the old singer. Anyone else hear this?

I think I may have seen them preform a song similar to this new one once about a year ago in Lansing. Since I'm a big fan of the old stuff i thought it was the above mentioned "Melbourne, Australia", but the lyrics were definitely different. I would be interested to hear how this song has progressed from original band, to Bradley writing lyrics for it, to the current version on this EP.

I think Bradley can and should sing songs off of "A Worrisome Voyage.." and put his own twist on them in the future. That is some of the other guys in the band's best work.

Hoping they get picked up, or put out more songs before the end of the year, because four songs just isn't enough from these guys.
Haha, how did I not notice that? Nice catch.
I love Rob's work with the band, but I think this updated version is clearly superior.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests