AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
John Mayer News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
John Mayer
Inside AP.net

John Mayer To Perform At Rock & Roll Hall of Fame...

Posted by: Keagan Ilvonen (01/23/13)
John Mayer will perform at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, where he'll be inducting the late blues artist Albert King.

Submitted by WhoSaidThat?

Displaying posts 1 - 8 of 8
03:25 AM on 01/24/13
banaNIP
Paco
User Info.
Say what you will about Mayer, I look forward to this performance. He's the flipside of the coin of blues that Jack White offers, and he understands the blues in a way that few of this generation do. I just wish he would do more with the John Mayer Trio, now that his granuloma has let up.
06:19 AM on 01/24/13
jimmyeatsboys
User Info.
Say what you will about Mayer, I look forward to this performance. He's the flipside of the coin of blues that Jack White offers, and he understands the blues in a way that few of this generation do. I just wish he would do more with the John Mayer Trio, now that his granuloma has let up.
or just do more with the trio instrumental!

i will be very interested in this performance though. albert king is such a legend, you know JM will have something boss up his sleeve for this
07:55 AM on 01/24/13
Ravelle17
master of disaster
User Info.
I'm all for JM, but in a perfect world they would bring up Gov't Mule to perform in tribute. Just a few weeks ago the Mule played a kickass New Year's Eve show honoring the Three Kings of Blues (Albert, B.B., and Freddie)...

08:48 AM on 01/24/13
iseeumonkey
User Info.
I'm all for JM, but in a perfect world they would bring up Gov't Mule to perform in tribute. Just a few weeks ago the Mule played a kickass New Year's Eve show honoring the Three Kings of Blues (Albert, B.B., and Freddie)...

I think Derek Trucks would have fit better than The Mule.
09:31 AM on 01/24/13
ChaseTx
Very cool.
11:14 AM on 01/24/13
liarsenic678
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I am sure that this exactly what Albert King would have wanted in order to honor his memory, John Mayer (Being sarcastic).

not dissing on John Mayer, he held his own when I was at Crossroads a couple years ago, but there are better choices for this position.

In my opinion Buddy Guy, Eric Clapton, B.B King, Jimmy Vaughn or Robert Cray should be involved in this (since they actually KNEW Albert King). Derek Trucks, Govt Mule, or even full blown Allman Brothers would be a better choice than Mayer.

Mayer is a great artist, but it's kinda hard for me to accept the fact that he is inducting Albert King when he is only a blues artist half of the time.
07:53 AM on 01/25/13
Ravelle17
master of disaster
User Info.
Mayer is a great artist, but it's kinda hard for me to accept the fact that he is inducting Albert King when he is only a blues artist half of the time.

Being a blues artist half of the time isn't the problem; personally, I think that's a good thing. It shows that blues has progressed beyond its roots and diversified into other genres.

(His album Heavier Things was a fascinating study of how blues can meld with mainstream pop/rock.)

The problem is that there are many more capable musicians than JM who are legends in their own right. He's not quite there, but whatever. I'm sure I'll enjoy the performance.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums