Username
Password
Tour Dates News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 111.
09:35 PM on 01/24/13
Spenny
Hearts without chains.
User Info.
If I wasn't saving up for exchange I would totally go this year. Sick line-up. I'm actually happy to see La Roux is playing, hopefully that means the long-overdue sophomore album is nearing completion?
09:37 PM on 01/24/13
wtfjaked
Tortoise Tamer
User Info.
That's poor form. They had one ah-mazing album (and one great single) at the end of the 80s and have released no good music since. However, they deserve to co-headline a night.

Phoenix does not deserve to headline, but they have some great tunes so good for them. I'd have thought Modest Mouse or even Vampire Weekend were bigger.

I would strongly consider flying to America just for this line up but I'm too poor at the moment, sadface.
I wouldn't have thought of Phoenix as a headliner either. I like them, but I had no idea that they were popular enough to headline a festival like Coachella. Thought the same thing about the Postal Service.
09:38 PM on 01/24/13
wtfjaked
Tortoise Tamer
User Info.
If I wasn't saving up for exchange I would totally go this year. Sick line-up. I'm actually happy to see La Roux is playing, hopefully that means the long-overdue sophomore album is nearing completion?
I forgot they existed until I watched Pitch Perfect.
09:39 PM on 01/24/13
Thisisgoodbye
User Info.
When I heard The Postal Service was playing, I immediately started saving up my money and planning for a trip. But honestly this lineup is pretty disappointing. As much as I love Phoenix and Blur, they arent the type of bands I would expect headlining Coachella, especially considering how much the fest has grown recently. And while the undercard is impressive I expect most of them to be doing the festival circuit this summer.

Heres to hoping The Postal Service play Bonnaroo!
09:41 PM on 01/24/13
Mr.Piano93
I hate my username.
User Info.
Damn. Not a fan of the headliners really... but a lot of the other acts are awesome.
09:44 PM on 01/24/13
AussieBoy
User Info.
Quite surprised The Stone Roses and Phoenix are headliners actually. I know The Stone Roses are obviously huge here but didn't think they had ever really broken anywhere outside of the UK, clearly I was wrong.
They're 4th headline on a dance (?) festival here next month (after avicii, prodigy and bloc party) and I'd never heard of their songs. Just the name.
09:46 PM on 01/24/13
AussieBoy
User Info.
I thought you were from Australia for some reason but obviously not. They released a bunch of good (overrated in my opinion though) albums back in the day. Were probably Australia's biggest indie-ish/alt band for a long time. Nick Cave sang a duet with Kylie Minogue for god's sake!
Cave has more recently fronted Grinderman; I believe their latest album was reviewed on here.

I saw nick cave at the tsunami relief concert. Most boring hour of my life. The crowd started a 100 strong game of cricket during his set in the middle of the scg. Great moment.

Lineup doesn't interest me bar the groups I saw at big day out last week
09:47 PM on 01/24/13
agreene24
User Info.
That lineup is fucking amazing. Why do I live on the other side of the country? Would go in a heartbeat if I was closer.
09:50 PM on 01/24/13
somethingwitty
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Tickets for Coachella are $400 after fees/tax and don't include camping...hmmm, you'd expect bigger headliners for that price. Considering Bonnaroo is rumored to be getting Paul McCartney, Mumford & Sons, and Pearl Jam as headliners Coachella looks weak in comparison.

Most of these bands on the undercard will be doing their own tours or doing all the other fests as well this summer. Also, sets at Coachella are only 30-45mins for non-headliners, it's awful because it creates so many conflicts and you end up missing out on a lot of acts.

Do they really think they'll be able to sell 150k tickets at $400+ (VIP about $1,000/each) over the two weekends...I have a feeling the rumors about The Rolling Stones were true and they dropped out over money because this lineup would make a lot more sense with The Rolling Stones as your Saturday headliner...
09:54 PM on 01/24/13
Dctromotola
No
User Info.
total lineup is pretty good, but not as good as last year. The headliners are not up to coachella standards too.
09:56 PM on 01/24/13
plns
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
You people need to get a grip! If this festival was within 10 hours of me I'd be there. People have different tastes but basically a third of these bands would come close to haedlining smaller -- but still big -- festivals in their own right.
Yeah, smaller festivals is the keyword. This is a massive festival and one of the top 3 festivals in the US. Dude, last year the headliners were The Black Keys, Radiohead and Dr Dre/Snoop Dogg. All three of those sell out arenas on their own. Phoenix headlines large clubs, Blur would probably be able to do theaters, and RHCP can sell out arenas.
10:00 PM on 01/24/13
plns
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I wouldn't have thought of Phoenix as a headliner either. I like them, but I had no idea that they were popular enough to headline a festival like Coachella. Thought the same thing about the Postal Service.
They aren't popular enough - That's the problem. Coachella probably had them as main support and couldn't get whoever they wanted to headline. (Guessing Justin Timberlake, Daft Punk or The Rolling Stones)

The Killers had trouble headlining Coachella even after they had already been a massive band for 5 years.
10:08 PM on 01/24/13
Takuto
User Info.
Good lineup, just not worth the price.
10:16 PM on 01/24/13
rcrook
Damage Control
User Info.
10:18 PM on 01/24/13
Freshman15Davey
User Info.
No Avatar Selected