Username
Password

06:57 AM on 01/27/13 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
I'm hoping it's Scott Lang's Ant Man and not Hank Pym and Janet. Pym has too many issues that are way too heavy for a Disney owned comic book movie, and it's something i think that is integral to Pym's character , they can't just leave it out like they're doing with Tony Stark's Alcoholism.

They've said it could actually be both, but there's no confirmation either way. The earliest drafts had Pym as Ant-Man in the past, with Lang somehow coming along the suit/powers and teaming up with Pym. I'm not a fan of this idea, but it's almost certainly been rewritten because it was crafted prior to most of the Marvel movies and didn't mesh with the established MCU. Either way, I'm pretty sure they won't include the wife-beating aspect of Pym in the first movie. haha

Also, I'd say they haven't left out Stark's alcoholism. It was a pretty big aspect of Iron Man 2, but, given reports of Stark exhibiting an almost PTSD reaction to the events in The Avengers, I think you could maybe see him back to some of those tendencies in Iron Man 3.

I'm hoping Janet, as Wasp, is in Ant-Man at the very least

I certainly hope so too, but we'll see.

I read somewhere viggo m was attached to this. I agree that we need a black panther film. Vibranium on film will be awesome.

Technically, vibranium has been on film several times now with Cap's shield. haha

So who could we see as Strange? I like Viggo. Someone suggested Johnny Depp, which would be interesting..

I've always liked the Viggo idea. I also wouldn't mind Jim Caviezel or Benedict Cumberbatch. For a more obscure pick, perhaps Jon Hamm.
07:40 AM on 01/27/13 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
also, how about liam neeson as strange?

I'd say he's probably too old for what they'll look for...
08:15 AM on 01/27/13 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
He's younger than Samuel L Jackson. RDJ is 47 and Doctor Strange has always appeared older than Stark.

If they want to make it a series, it makes it much more difficult to sustain. He'd be around 66 by the time they got around to making a sequel or Avengers sequel in which he might appear.
01:57 PM on 01/28/13 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
Dr. Strange is ok, but I'm disappointed that Ant-Man is being moved to Phase 3. Pym and Wasp are too important from an Avengers standpoint to leave out again, IMO, plus they really need more female heroes beyond Widow, even with the Ms. Marvel rumors and who better than Janet.

Definitely. I mean, they were founding members. It would be cool if they at least introduced Pym and Janet in Avengers 2 as a precursor to an Ant-Man movie, but I'm not holding my breath on it.
08:14 AM on 07/15/13 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
Rumor is that Marvel wants Joseph Gordon-Levitt for the role:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=83272

Wouldn't be the first name that comes to mind, but he certainly wouldn't be an awful choice.
07:11 AM on 12/19/13 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
I heard they are looking at Paul Rudd for this
Is this a joke? haha You're thinking of Ant-Man.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt is the only name that's really been mentioned/rumored for the role thus far. I don't think we'll even hear anything about casting for this until late 2014 due to the fact that they probably won't announce this, if at all, until Comic Con in July.
04:32 AM on 01/14/14 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
He'd be a good fit for the role. As they said in the article, it would take some changes to the script due to age. I understand he can be a bigger box office draw, but I'd almost prefer they go with a younger option. JGL was mentioned before, but it really is a tough role to cast. You need someone with some box office cachet because it's going to take a decent budget and isn't exactly a concept that sells itself. Depp might not be my first choice, but I'd completely understand because it'd be a huge coup for Marvel and a tremendous boost for the movie.
03:08 PM on 01/14/14 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
Borys Kit @Borys_Kit
Doc Strange now: They don't have a script and are looking for writers to completely start over.

Kit, of the Hollywood Reporter, is usually correct with his reports. It's also being said that Marvel approached Depp a long, long time ago, but there's nothing to the current rumors.
06:28 PM on 02/20/14 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Marvel is meeting with Mark Andrews (Brave), Nikolai Arcel (writer of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, director of A Royal Affair), Dean Israelite (upcoming Welcome to Yesterday), and Jonathan Levine (Warm Bodies, 50/50) about directing the movie.

They supposedly want the writers to work with the director or a director who can also write, with Kung Fu Panda writers Jon Aibel and Glenn Berger in the mix for now.
05:27 AM on 02/21/14 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
Rumors are that Mads Mikkelsen could be up for a role in this, possibly as Doctor Strange himself.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=94925
03:14 PM on 06/03/14 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
Looks like Scott Derrickson (Sinister, The Day The Earth Stood Still) is going to helm this.
http://variety.com/2014/film/news/ma...ve-1201173055/

Not an impressive résumé (Sinister, The Day The Earth Stood Still, The Exorcism of Emily Rose, Deliver Us From Evil), but we'll see I suppose. He's definitely got a taste for the supernatural/spiritual. haha
06:45 PM on 06/03/14 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
I don't particularly envision Leto for the role, but I'm open to it because he's a solid actor.
06:13 AM on 06/04/14 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
Not surprising at all. Marvel will roll out the big guns at San Diego Comic Con at the end of July to counteract the BvS/Justice League hype train, so expect quite a bit of news in the next month and a half or so. Comic Con will probably see them have a huge presentation to introduce Phase 3, much like they did with Phase 2 in 2012. My guess would be:

-Age of Ultron cast, with first looks at Ultron/Vision and a sizzle reel.
-GOTG cast with maybe 30 minutes or even a full screening of the movie, unveiling of Brolin's Thanos, and a possible sequel announcement (with Gunn at the helm again)
-First assemblage of the Ant-Man cast, with, yes, whomever takes over as director. I'd imagine we'll see official shots of Rudd in the costume as well and full info on the plot, villains, etc.
-Phase 3 unveiling, with confirmation of it being Avengers 3: The Infinity Gauntlet (or something similar), along with title cards/info/concept art for Cap 3, Thor 3, Ant-Man, Doctor Strange, and surprise announcements for 2-3 out of GOTG2, Black Panther, Ms. Marvel, Iron Man 4, solo Hulk, The Inhumans or otherwise.

With all that in mind, I think we'll have Doctor Strange cast quite soon to be paired with Derrickson for a talk at SDCC. We'll likely get an idea of where the film will go and close to final concept art for the costume and mindless ones or something. Otherwise, I'd expect we'll get the Ant-Man situation settled, a Thor 3 director announcement, and plenty of rumors flying for those mystery films to fill out the rumored 6-7 slots in Phase 3 in the next month and a half.

Quite loaded... and that doesn't even include the budding TV side of things with Agents of SHIELD season 2, Agent Carter, and the Netflix series.
10:56 AM on 06/04/14 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
I hope this news means this is getting the second 2016 slot.

Depending on how often they want to launch new film series, I'd then like Mrs/Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) to get a film in 2017 so she can be in Infinity Gauntlet, but I also wouldn't mind her character being launched in the aftermath of that film.
The talk was that they wanted to do one sequel and one new film every year in the future. They have dates claimed for July 2016 and May 2017, but I'm sure there will be some shuffling around between now and then due to how fluid releases and competition can be. Disney already has two conundrums there in 2016, with Cap 3/BvS and Finding Dory/How To Train Your Dragon 3 on the same dates.

In my opinion, this would actually be an interesting last week of October play. There's nothing on October 28, 2016 yet and just Fox's animated Trolls film on the week after. With the supernatural aspect of Doctor Strange, it could draw some business over Halloween weekend. Granted, most people want to go out and celebrate that weekend, but it could get a decent opening weekend and then sustain the next on word of mouth.

As for Ms. Marvel, I don't think we'll really know until we see where they're going with the Kree plotline in Agents of SHIELD. I still don't think we'll see her get a solo film until at least Phase 4. Like you said, she could appear/have her origin in Avengers 3 though. I'm just not sure if they view her as a standalone franchise or if she could merely be a featured player across movies like Black Widow or Hawkeye.
02:38 PM on 06/04/14 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
I can't imagine him signing on to the type of deal Marvel asks of its actors.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos