AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

08:20 AM on 01/27/13 
User Info.
industrialbelt
don't you quote me!
Technically, vibranium has been on film several times now with Cap's shield. haha

true. i guess i'm after that raw wakandan vibranium on film.
08:23 AM on 01/27/13 
User Info.
industrialbelt
don't you quote me!
also, how about liam neeson as strange?
08:40 AM on 01/27/13 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 27 Years Old
also, how about liam neeson as strange?

I'd say he's probably too old for what they'll look for...
08:54 AM on 01/27/13 
User Info.
wall e
Beware of hitchhiking ghosts!
Agawam, MA
Male - 25 Years Old
they should get Chris Evans
09:03 AM on 01/27/13 
User Info.
industrialbelt
don't you quote me!
I'd say he's probably too old for what they'll look for...

He's younger than Samuel L Jackson. RDJ is 47 and Doctor Strange has always appeared older than Stark.
09:15 AM on 01/27/13 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 27 Years Old
He's younger than Samuel L Jackson. RDJ is 47 and Doctor Strange has always appeared older than Stark.

If they want to make it a series, it makes it much more difficult to sustain. He'd be around 66 by the time they got around to making a sequel or Avengers sequel in which he might appear.
12:54 PM on 01/27/13 
User Info.
industrialbelt
don't you quote me!
If they want to make it a series, it makes it much more difficult to sustain. He'd be around 66 by the time they got around to making a sequel or Avengers sequel in which he might appear.

And Samuel L Jackson will be even older than that.
09:51 AM on 01/28/13 
User Info.
xapplexpiex
&.&
Warren, MI
Male - 23 Years Old
Wow. Awesome. Dr. Strange is one of the most powerful people in Marvel.
09:53 AM on 01/28/13 
User Info.
drudo182
Be Royal
Springfield, MO
Male - 29 Years Old
A lot of people have suggested Aidan Gillen as Strange which would be pretty cool. I'd love to see Ewan McGregor as Ant-Man too.
12:41 PM on 01/28/13 
User Info.
Dodge725
Roll Tide Roll
Tuscaloosa
Male - 22 Years Old
Dr. Strange is ok, but I'm disappointed that Ant-Man is being moved to Phase 3. Pym and Wasp are too important from an Avengers standpoint to leave out again, IMO, plus they really need more female heroes beyond Widow, even with the Ms. Marvel rumors and who better than Janet.
02:57 PM on 01/28/13 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 27 Years Old
Dr. Strange is ok, but I'm disappointed that Ant-Man is being moved to Phase 3. Pym and Wasp are too important from an Avengers standpoint to leave out again, IMO, plus they really need more female heroes beyond Widow, even with the Ms. Marvel rumors and who better than Janet.

Definitely. I mean, they were founding members. It would be cool if they at least introduced Pym and Janet in Avengers 2 as a precursor to an Ant-Man movie, but I'm not holding my breath on it.
03:18 PM on 01/28/13 
User Info.
Dodge725
Roll Tide Roll
Tuscaloosa
Male - 22 Years Old
Definitely. I mean, they were founding members. It would be cool if they at least introduced Pym and Janet in Avengers 2 as a precursor to an Ant-Man movie, but I'm not holding my breath on it.

Especially since the modern Avengers cartoon has accomplished something I thought was impossible: make Wasp cool and not whiny. If they follow the vein of here character from the show, it would be awesome.
01:14 PM on 02/04/13 
User Info.
thursday727
Dunedin, FL
Male - 26 Years Old
Excited. But I don't think Ant Man or Doctor Strange will do as well as other projects. Hoping they announce an official return for Hulk as well.
New rumor going around that Phase 3 will include a live action Planet Hulk film.
That would be the greatest thing ever.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/...phase-3-movies
05:45 AM on 02/05/13 
User Info.
DanTGD
Dynamite Hero
Canvey Island,...
Male - 23 Years Old
New rumor going around that Phase 3 will include a live action Planet Hulk film.
That would be the greatest thing ever.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/...phase-3-movies

I saw this the other day, I hope they use Phase Three as Civil War, and Hulk being on another Planet is how they set it up in the comics, they could also have him return for World War Hulk in the fourth phase, which would awesome. Although by then everyone probably would have been recast ahaha.
08:50 AM on 02/05/13 
User Info.
Upstart
Raleigh, NC
Male - 27 Years Old
I really don't see Planet Hulk or Civil War being used.

For Planet Hulk, I wouldn't be surprised if Disney doesn't want to do something that could be perceived as being close to the disaster that was John Carter. Plus it'll be very CGI-heavy, and would have to be changed considerably to include enough of Ruffalo and not just the Hulk. Are they willing to pump a lot of money into a franchise that has been average financially, based solely on his appeal in Avengers? Not to mention if they spun it into WWH, without Sentry, the Illuminati, etc, it would be drastically different.

I don't really get how Civil War would be a story. There's, what, 6 superheroes, two of which are government agents anyway, one (Cap) who must be at least partially known, one (Iron Man) whose identity is public, one (Thor) who has no secret identity, and the Hulk (not sure where he falls)? Maybe bring it to 10 heroes after the Phase 3 films. What exactly would they be fighting over? The sides would have to be switched - Cap pro-registration, Iron Man anti - and we basically have gotten superheroes vs government in the Hulk films and Iron Man 2. In my opinion it would be something of a rehash at this point.

Basically, if they're going to have to rework these stories so much anyway, why not come up with something more original (and interesting)?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos