Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 6 posts
09:16 AM on 01/28/13
benlong
When are you coming home?
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
That would be great. Probably just an announcement of an album/first single though. Hopefully the single isn't a total bonersag this time around, unlike "My Best Theory"
from their facebook account:
"We appreciate the passion our fans have for our earlier albums. And if you want something similar to the older material, might we suggest you just listen to the older material! :)"
I thought it my best theory was a solid track, but I liked the whole album...
10:09 AM on 01/28/13
benlong
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Invented was somewhat of a mixed bag, with "My Best Theory" being one of the weakest songs on there. I'm not someone who hates all their new music though, I like Chase This Light a good amount.
I wouldn't call it the weakest, it is the most poppy i guess...i felt hit or miss on some tracks on chase this light but it grew on me invented i've always just dug the whole thing...
with that being said...i'd say the middle has been their weakest track, and also was their largest hit
10:40 AM on 01/28/13
benlong
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
but that guitar solo tho
Sarcasm?
10:43 AM on 01/28/13
benlong
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Agreed. I saw them on the Invented tour as well, and there just weren't that many Invented tracks played. Much more emphasis on the singles and not much at all from Clarity or Futures (although "Goodbye Sky Harbor" and "23" were incredible, I'll say that, btut that was about it).
You'll probably notice going forward they don't play too many off new albums, they can't play as much new stuff as when they were touring clarity or bleed, because now they have so much more to choose from and represent. On the futures tour I seem to remember them playing a bunch of Futures songs, but yeah, just too much of a catalog to play too much from any part.
11:31 AM on 01/28/13
benlong
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Haha nah dude "The Middle" is pure pop bliss you probably just dislike it because you've heard it so much.
maybe, but right from the start it was kinda the weak link to me...it may be because it is so simple straight up pop...also i prefer the synth solo trombino had that you hear on the dvd haha
11:34 AM on 01/28/13
benlong
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I also really hope that it's this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZMLVU9wV4A

Dying to hear a studio version of that.
I know I'm coming off as quite the contrarian in this forum but I hope it's this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wmAJf07ksA

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version