Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 105
10:01 AM on 01/28/13
duritzfan13
Order inspires disorder
User Info.
Ahhhhhhh please. Was just listening to "Clarity" this morning. Was never one of my favorite JEW albums but it's creeping up there now.
10:03 AM on 01/28/13
icstars989
Meh...
User Info.
I would have absolutely used My Best Theory as a single. It's not my favorite but its the song with the most mass appeal, and after all thats what singles are all about. I'll dig this album like I've enjoyed every other record of theirs.
10:09 AM on 01/28/13
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I would have had "Heart is Hard to Find."
The reason I suggested Movielike is they play it at almost all their shows. It has become a staple and I can see why. It has has Jimmy Eat World's core album.

It would be really hard for me to pick a favorite Jimmy Eat World but it changes with mood. I think if I had to pick I would choose Chase This Light but that is an incredibly unpopular opinion. Futures would be 2nd with Bleed American in close follow. Honestly Clarity is a really good album but I don't think it flows as well as their later albums. Still listen to it all the time but just a person observation. Invented is a tricky to place cause some days I feel it has some of their best songs and sometimes I find other albums so much better. I think I would put Invented just above Clarity for me but Jimmy Eat World is the sorta band that ranking does not really matter much since I listen and enjoy every album.
10:09 AM on 01/28/13
benlong
When are you coming home?
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Invented was somewhat of a mixed bag, with "My Best Theory" being one of the weakest songs on there. I'm not someone who hates all their new music though, I like Chase This Light a good amount.
I wouldn't call it the weakest, it is the most poppy i guess...i felt hit or miss on some tracks on chase this light but it grew on me invented i've always just dug the whole thing...
with that being said...i'd say the middle has been their weakest track, and also was their largest hit
10:10 AM on 01/28/13
OldSchoolReason
User Info.
Evidence was one of my favorites off of Invented. I just liked the slow build up into the hard charging guitar "chorus"
10:13 AM on 01/28/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
Ummmmmmmmm don't ask me hard questions Craig. I'm gonna say Clarity although Futures is goddamned close. I really have never decided.

Will always be Futures for me, but you can never go wrong with Clarity.

The reason I suggested Movielike is they play it at almost all their shows. It has become a staple and I can see why. It has has Jimmy Eat World's core album.

I really don't think they delved into that album enough when they toured after its release. I saw them twice, and both times, they only had four or five tracks from Invented in the setlist. I think they're still relying too much on Bleed American, and while I like that album a lot, they've made better ones.
10:33 AM on 01/28/13
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
I wouldn't call it the weakest, it is the most poppy i guess...i felt hit or miss on some tracks on chase this light but it grew on me invented i've always just dug the whole thing...
with that being said...i'd say the middle has been their weakest track, and also was their largest hit
but that guitar solo tho
duritzfan13
Order inspires disorder
User Info.
Oh and let's all remember not to go crazy and judge the whole album based on the single. Though all JEW is good JEW, let's be real: their deep cuts are the best.
SteveLikesMusic
I'm A Man, Dammit
User Info.
I don't expect a single yet, but maybe the album title/date announcement.
10:39 AM on 01/28/13
squared82
why burn poor and lonely?
User Info.
So excited.
gman610
Second Best
User Info.
I really don't think they delved into that album enough when they toured after its release. I saw them twice, and both times, they only had four or five tracks from Invented in the setlist. I think they're still relying too much on Bleed American, and while I like that album a lot, they've made better ones.

Agreed. I saw them on the Invented tour as well, and there just weren't that many Invented tracks played. Much more emphasis on the singles and not much at all from Clarity or Futures (although "Goodbye Sky Harbor" and "23" were incredible, I'll say that, btut that was about it).
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Oh and let's all remember not to go crazy and judge the whole album based on the single. Though all JEW is good JEW, let's be real: their deep cuts are the best.
I like your JEW attitude.
10:40 AM on 01/28/13
benlong
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
but that guitar solo tho
Sarcasm?
10:43 AM on 01/28/13
benlong
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Agreed. I saw them on the Invented tour as well, and there just weren't that many Invented tracks played. Much more emphasis on the singles and not much at all from Clarity or Futures (although "Goodbye Sky Harbor" and "23" were incredible, I'll say that, btut that was about it).
You'll probably notice going forward they don't play too many off new albums, they can't play as much new stuff as when they were touring clarity or bleed, because now they have so much more to choose from and represent. On the futures tour I seem to remember them playing a bunch of Futures songs, but yeah, just too much of a catalog to play too much from any part.
10:46 AM on 01/28/13
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
what? not at all.

sure it's not the most technical ever, but it packs so much energy and is so melodic.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos