Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 48
07:02 PM on 01/28/13
Miketheunicycle
"Look mom, no hands!"
User Info.
the songs ive heard from her have all been pretty good, sure shes just getting better
07:56 PM on 01/28/13
JuneJuly
Allez l'OL
User Info.
don't waste your breath mate, i've been getting flamed for pointing it out. But yeah it is definitely frustrating, and you're right its more than just your average label manipulation of an artist's image.

well its nice to see at least one person noticing lol

well you flamed the people who flamed you, so idk why you're playing the victim. we answered you. and you got offended.
08:11 PM on 01/28/13
Hail Lelouch
User Info.
well you flamed the people who flamed you, so idk why you're playing the victim. we answered you. and you got offended.
I wouldn't say I got offended, it was a case of me asking an honest question and instead people giving me smart arse responses, or at least not replying constructively....i wasn't flaming them but thanks anyway
08:34 PM on 01/28/13
JuneJuly
Allez l'OL
User Info.
I wouldn't say I got offended, it was a case of me asking an honest question and instead people giving me smart arse responses, or at least not replying constructively....i wasn't flaming them but thanks anyway

I didn't see anyone flame you either. And to be honest all of the replies I saw were valid, it just seems like you didn't like the answers you got very much. It's okay, you can dislike who you want for any reason you want.
08:35 PM on 01/28/13
Whatareyoudylan
User Info.
i'm not trying to attract heat for this comment...but I can't understand how people can get into this artist when her whole image/identity has been confirmed as artificial?

I know it sounds like an anal thing to say but she really is 'fake' as it were

honest question
can you give me more information about her being a fake or whatever? i didn't know that.
10:34 PM on 01/28/13
Drewmosabi
User Info.
don't waste your breath mate, i've been getting flamed for pointing it out. But yeah it is definitely frustrating, and you're right its more than just your average label manipulation of an artist's image.

well its nice to see at least one person noticing lol
What does the image of the artist matter? The people who put her on year end lists and praise her songs are talking about the music, not the image the artist portrays. Someone mentioning Bob Dylan in response to your question isn't flaming you at all, it's merely pointing out that people care about the music not the image. Why does it matter what name she uses or clothes she wears? She might be fake but the music isn't.
Does that help at all?
10:44 PM on 01/28/13
Drewmosabi
User Info.
she really needs to take a break from music and sit on my face for a good two years.
Yes! You win best comment for 2013. Nothing will top this.
10:59 PM on 01/28/13
CastlesXClouds
Relax
User Info.
Yes! You win best comment for 2013. Nothing will top this.
01:09 AM on 01/29/13
Djentleman
User Info.
everyone on tumblr creamed their skinny jeans
04:29 AM on 01/29/13
Ohaidere
User Info.
she really needs to take a break from music and sit on my face for a good two years.

You and me both man... Seeing as her pussy tastes like Pepsi cola.
05:28 AM on 01/29/13
Formatfun
Format, The, Format, The
User Info.
I liked her album.
06:46 AM on 01/29/13
EndlessPrisoner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I hated her album at first. I thought it was boring as hell.

But then I realized that it wasn't all that boring after all. It's actually some really nice, soothing but also unsettling pop music. The songs get into your head and stay there without ever getting annoying.

I haven't bothered with her new release but Blue Jeans, Born To Die, National Anthem, Off to the Races, and Video Games are serious jams.
Love all five of those songs, the rest of that album was basically garbage, hahaha.
07:43 AM on 01/29/13
kaylasananjou
Count Your Lucky Stars Records / Kayla
User Info.
When I did my AOTY snippet, I described her like this: "The music that Lana writes is a throwback to smoky noir movies, slow burn gangster tales, all mixed with the glamour of the olden days of the music industry and Hollywood. The dream like quality, present through all of Born to Die, is akin to curling up with a glass of brandy and smoking a cigarette. You know it’s not a lot of substance, that it’s even a little bad for you, but it’s just so warm and nice that you can’t really argue against it. Lana del Rey isn’t out to break any boundaries, and you can’t expect a whole lot from a woman who writes about her pussy tasting like Pepsi cola."

I don't get why there is such an uproar over her being "fake" -- like, do you think other pop stars are exactly the way they portray themselves? At least Lana is putting out good music, as opposed to the others. Take Katy Perry for example-- makes a career out of pretending to be the weird, odd girl out, and exploiting the LGBTQ community. I'll take Lana any day, thanks.
10:01 AM on 01/29/13
ylightflight
yung rug munch
User Info.
didn't she announce she was done with music???
10:15 AM on 01/29/13
lilRIPsta
User Info.
holy lol

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version