AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Recording News - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 48 of 48.
10:58 AM on 01/29/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
When I did my AOTY snippet, I described her like this: "The music that Lana writes is a throwback to smoky noir movies, slow burn gangster tales, all mixed with the glamour of the olden days of the music industry and Hollywood. The dream like quality, present through all of Born to Die, is akin to curling up with a glass of brandy and smoking a cigarette. You know itís not a lot of substance, that itís even a little bad for you, but itís just so warm and nice that you canít really argue against it. Lana del Rey isnít out to break any boundaries, and you canít expect a whole lot from a woman who writes about her pussy tasting like Pepsi cola."

I don't get why there is such an uproar over her being "fake" -- like, do you think other pop stars are exactly the way they portray themselves? At least Lana is putting out good music, as opposed to the others. Take Katy Perry for example-- makes a career out of pretending to be the weird, odd girl out, and exploiting the LGBTQ community. I'll take Lana any day, thanks.

Well said
12:37 PM on 01/29/13
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
Love all five of those songs, the rest of that album was basically garbage, hahaha.
yeah, I didn't really dig them so much but those 5 songs are totally worth it.
11:01 PM on 01/29/13
kbomb001
Jesus Saves
User Info.
Rap Game Courtney Love
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music