WillCartel
Cartel / Will
User Info.
Sup People!!! I'm here....ask away!
04:04 PM on 01/28/13
WillCartel
Cartel / Will
User Info.
Song sounds great! What was the studio epxerience like for this record, in comparison to Cycles?
So much shorter! haha. We tracked at Zack and Kenneth's studio in August. Toured September/October then wrote and recorded vocals November/December and mixed the month of December too. Crazy schedule but it was awesome.
04:35 PM on 01/28/13
WillCartel
Cartel / Will
User Info.
Song sounds great! What was the studio epxerience like for this record, in comparison to Cycles?
It was shorter and longer at the same time! haha. We started in August. Stopped for tour in September/October. Resumed in November and finished January 5th. Haha
04:37 PM on 01/28/13
WillCartel
Cartel / Will
User Info.
What are going to be the songs about? Broken relationships, maybe? I really loved "Cycles".
(What a coincidence, you guys are chatting right on my 19th birthday! :O Thanks!)
There are some "broken relationships" songs but it's more all encompassing lyrically.
04:41 PM on 01/28/13
WillCartel
Cartel / Will
User Info.
I'm not gonna be original for my question... Any chance of any vinyle releases for your discography?
No specific inspiration other than being completely honest with how I felt and my reactions to what was going on around me. Kinda obscure and abstract sometimes though.

Vinyl Discography is gonna happen....trying to figure out details still. Very stoked about this.

Tours will happen. Still working on planning.
05:04 PM on 01/28/13
WillCartel
Cartel / Will
User Info.
Ok...posting is taking a while for me so I'm going to respond to a bunch of questions at once.

Writing/Making/Conceptualizing of Collider:

This was a much different process than any of our records with the exception of Chroma and In Stereo. Both of those recordings were captured as pure as they can get. That is, we didn't have a lot or any outside criticism during the recording process. We submitted a few demos to start working on Chroma and they didn't hear it until it was done. In Stereo had zero outside involvement. I think that's the biggest contributing factor to this record - that it's pure, free of outside influences. I don't think any of that will make sense until you hear the record but that's the explanation.

Touring plans:

We will be doing multiple tours to support Collider. The US, UK, Japan, and Australia are definitely going to happen and we're going to try our damnedest to expand that as far as we can.

There WILL be a vinyl preorder for this album. We'll begin working on past records shortly thereafter.
Pre-order site is being created now and we'll be announcing start date and location soon I suspect.

"Uninspired vs. Rest of the album"
It's a great track. I wouldn't say it's unique because I feel all of the songs stand out in different ways. However, I will say that this is one of my favorites on the album but I could really say all of them are my favorites for varying reasons. Am I being vague enough? haha

"Uninspired" Inspiration:
These lyrics reflect a time when I just really felt like I had nothing to say. It was kindof a funk in the writing world because I was working on a lot of things but nothing felt great. I think all artists go through that from time to time. These lyrics are me pulling myself out of that.

Tracklisting will be coming soonish as well as Cover Art. Many more "activities" will be announced within the following weeks.

Whew. Ok...back to getting another batch of questions...
05:06 PM on 01/28/13
WillCartel
Cartel / Will
User Info.
Is this the first official single, or just a thing for AP?

Any music video stuff being worked on?
Not the first single. just a new song.

Multiple videos being planned...
05:31 PM on 01/28/13
WillCartel
Cartel / Will
User Info.
Hey everybody. My home Internet went down and my phone is about to die. I'll be on a little later. Love you all and I'll reply back to questions you leave me so you can check here later. Believe that.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests