Username
Password
Record Sales News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 21 of 21.
04:47 PM on 01/29/13
ajc690
**/**
User Info.
So you support the USPS losing 16 Billion dollars annually of taxpayers money to keep the record labels international shipping costs artificially low?

Not to nitpick, but the USPS hasn't directly received taxpayer-dollars since the 1980's. It's a completely independent entity of the US government. I think part of the issue is the lack of support from taxpayers/government. They can't keep up with increasing costs (gas, transportation, etc) and are charging more to try and offset the differences
05:57 PM on 01/29/13
kaylasananjou
Count Your Lucky Stars Records / Kayla
User Info.
Who's the real culprit?
The entity increasing the postage rates? That's what makes shipping prices go up. Labels have to up their shipping costs to attempt to break even. Not make money, break even. They can't pay out of pocket for you to have things. Major labels, maybe. Small labels, like the one in the article? No.
08:09 PM on 01/29/13
ofseas&nations
User Info.
The postal service is not a federal agency. It does not cost taxpayers a dollar. It loses money only because Congress mandates that it do so.

Read more: The Post Office Connects America - Why We Should Save the Post Office - Esquire http://www.esquire.com/features/post...#ixzz2JQc4jkOe

I read this and I found it to be a really big eye-opener.
08:09 PM on 01/29/13
D' Evils
User Info.
You think a company thats is already struggling actually wants to increase their rates? USPS cant keep up with its own costs, its not their fault.
12:39 AM on 01/30/13
Gumbyjag
Everything Evil
User Info.
A sad reality that manifests itself for more than label hands.
04:21 AM on 01/30/13
Junction183
User Info.
Not to nitpick, but the USPS hasn't directly received taxpayer-dollars since the 1980's. It's a completely independent entity of the US government. I think part of the issue is the lack of support from taxpayers/government. They can't keep up with increasing costs (gas, transportation, etc) and are charging more to try and offset the differences
So you're telling me that because it's an independent entity of the US government that loses 16 Billion dollars a year that's not added to the federal deficit in which at some point will have to be passed on to the taxper. I don't believe the problem is lack of support from the taxpayers/government rather the growing expense of pensions and healthcare costs for USPS employees and retirees.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests