Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 65
02:40 PM on 01/29/13
thenewline
memories from ashes
User Info.
The only thing they've released independently was that Clarity Live album which was a digital only release.

That's not fully correct. The Clarity vinyl repress was joint released with Jim's Western Medicine. I don't see why they can't just use the WM to release it. I'm sure Jim and Charlie would do a great job.
02:49 PM on 01/29/13
gr33ndayfr3ak
www.nickferran.com
User Info.
Hopeless would be a perfect fit. FBR wouldn't be surprising either, but Rise would be an interesting choice.
02:52 PM on 01/29/13
Hagysaurus Rex
We yell like hell to the heavens.
User Info.
Wasn't Victory supposed to announce a new band signing soon?

Edit: I was being an ass. I wouldn't want any band to go to Victory, especially Jimmy.
03:01 PM on 01/29/13
Johnny Minardi
User Info.
This is how it happened with Bleed American. Hope it's just as successful this time around.
My thoughts and hopes.
03:18 PM on 01/29/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
FBR would be an interesting choice.
03:29 PM on 01/29/13
Sic Transit Zeb
User Info.
Pull a circa...put it out on your own!

Nah, I'll wait until they find a label if needed. I am so pumped though.
03:56 PM on 01/29/13
kaylasananjou
Count Your Lucky Stars Records / Kayla
User Info.
I would be so depressed to see them signed to FBR. They're much bigger and better than that.
04:22 PM on 01/29/13
Geology Rocks!
Why are you so afraid?
User Info.
Dear Hopeless Records,

Your Turn
04:27 PM on 01/29/13
thenewline
memories from ashes
User Info.
Foolish foolish child. I can put my life on it, that it would never happen. I'll put a bet it's not going to be Hopeless either.

Fueled By Ramen wouldn't make senses either, seeing as everyone they work with is gone.
04:37 PM on 01/29/13
howischad
User Info.
BRILLIANT IDEA RIGHT NOW #LIGHTBULB

ok. jimmy eat world, you guys are solidified, well known, well respected. an album has never let me down.

why not play your new record, live, in its entirety, one show, your city of choice, w/ of course, the encore of previous hits.

it'd be the complete opposite of these 10 year anniversary gigs that have been going on (i'm not hating btw, i just saw the starting line's SILYMI and LOVED it),

but it'd be different. think of it like how bands allow websites or they themselves to stream their new album in its entirety...

it's the same concept, just you'll be playing it live.

to maybe even embellish on the concept of "album streaming," why not stream that concert online as well.

fans will not only get a live performance, but an entire stream of your newest record. you wouldn't have to worry about your album getting leaked, because the most you'll have is an online stream, or, at the very least, a couple of iPhone video recordings that hit youtube.

food for thought.
04:42 PM on 01/29/13
katietheskatie
walking on a wire on the ground
User Info.
i wouldn't wish victory records on anyone let alone jimmy eat world, my favourite band ever.

i think hopeless records would be a good choice, fbr possibly but i mostly feel like if fbr don't think something is going to be massive on a worldwide scale they're fairly useless in terms of giving a shit about promoting a record :(see: the swellers, this providence etc)
04:45 PM on 01/29/13
offsetgroupie
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i don't see them going the indie route. They want a major label. Warner should jump all over this.
04:50 PM on 01/29/13
imposs1ble
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I could understand hopeless, but rise is really the better choice imo. I get that hopeless has been bringing in veteran bands such as the used, yellowcard, and silverstein, but rise does the same and I personally feel that jimmy eat world fits better alongside the early november, further seems forever and the bouncing souls. Also, imagine that tour.
05:03 PM on 01/29/13
MattRM
She didn't turn out to be that cool
User Info.
Not exactly sure that Rise is big enough to put out a JEW album.
05:27 PM on 01/29/13
Matt Chylak
contextblues.wordpress.co m
User Info.
It would be especially interesting to see how a Kickstarter would do.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos