07:49 PM on 01/29/13
SilenceBrokenTT
Here I am alive...
User Info.
Death Row
08:07 PM on 01/29/13
getupguy222
User Info.
Am I the only one possibly thinking Zack just left a comma out of his sentence. The question posed to him were the fans jumping the gun on thinking there would be an announcement and what zack meant to say was

"No, (you weren't jumping the gun), announcement (is) coming soon, (but) still looking for a label."

Maybe I'm just reading it completely wrong, but seems like a possibility.
08:12 PM on 01/29/13
mikeysaysmikey
Michael
User Info.
Am I the only one possibly thinking Zack just left a comma out of his sentence. The question posed to him were the fans jumping the gun on thinking there would be an announcement and what zack meant to say was

"No, (you weren't jumping the gun), announcement (is) coming soon, (but) still looking for a label."

This makes sense to me. They had already been teasing touring a lot this year - especially lately. I have a feeling we will have this around April/May.
08:18 PM on 01/29/13
MattRM
She didn't turn out to be that cool
User Info.

This would make me happy, but it's unlikely that they'd say they have an update coming soon if they don't even know which label will be releasing the album or when it'll be out.
12:51 AM on 01/30/13
Gumbyjag
Everything Evil
User Info.
I am also guessing as to why they would need a label to put out their album. My guess as to who would pick them up? Another major, maybe Universal Republic or Reprise. As for indies, I can see them being on labels like Sub Pop, Barsuk, Mom + Pop, or Vagrant, imo.
05:42 AM on 01/30/13
Chris Collum
User Info.
Fuck a record label, just put the thing out.
06:29 AM on 01/30/13
tmathews
User Info.
BRILLIANT IDEA RIGHT NOW #LIGHTBULB

ok. jimmy eat world, you guys are solidified, well known, well respected. an album has never let me down.

why not play your new record, live, in its entirety, one show, your city of choice, w/ of course, the encore of previous hits.

it'd be the complete opposite of these 10 year anniversary gigs that have been going on (i'm not hating btw, i just saw the starting line's SILYMI and LOVED it),

but it'd be different. think of it like how bands allow websites or they themselves to stream their new album in its entirety...

it's the same concept, just you'll be playing it live.

to maybe even embellish on the concept of "album streaming," why not stream that concert online as well.

fans will not only get a live performance, but an entire stream of your newest record. you wouldn't have to worry about your album getting leaked, because the most you'll have is an online stream, or, at the very least, a couple of iPhone video recordings that hit youtube.

food for thought.
i'd love this, foo kind of did it, but the album was out, and regardless i think bands should start doing that. i remember sum 41 playing underclass hero in it's entirety online in a studio, it was awesome to watch that over and over, same with foo doing wasting light in its entirety, it'd be so cool to see bands fully promoting the entire album like that
06:40 AM on 01/30/13
WordsandMusic
User Info.
I would love to see them on Vagrant, help enter in the NEW glory days of Vagrant Records! (Glory days including GUK, HRC, Hey Mercedes, New Ams, Dashboard, et al)
06:53 AM on 01/30/13
iamalexenglish
Aren't Kids Anymore…
User Info.
release it independently...enough said
06:53 AM on 01/30/13
iamalexenglish
Aren't Kids Anymore…
User Info.
well said
07:14 AM on 01/30/13
BigEasy14
The Formulator
User Info.
Can't wait for this. Hope it's more Invented/Futures than Chase This Light/Bleed American. I prefer a darker toned JEW.
09:11 AM on 01/30/13
J.Dick
User Info.
they are fucking Jimmy Eat World, do they need a label?

I think Jimmy Eat World enjoys commercial success. Unfort they haven't had much commercial success since Bleed American and maybe Futures. Even in today's world a major label would still have a lot of PR, advertising, radio pull, and marketing.
09:43 AM on 01/30/13
Upstart
User Info.
Bandcamp.
11:12 AM on 01/30/13
OurLadyCoolbean
False. Black bears.
User Info.
I'm going to take a guess and say you've never put out an album?
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums