Male - 22 Years Old
SUBSCRIBED TO THIS BITCH!

03:36 PM on 01/29/13 
User Info.
Deathco_019
I demand a trial by combat.
Limerick, PA
Male - 22 Years Old
I'm surprised I was just a few posts shy of being a top ten poster. I didn't think I liked Blink that much, haha!
05:17 PM on 01/29/13 
User Info.
Deathco_019
Limerick, PA
Male - 22 Years Old
So I've got an idea for what we can talk about during this lull. We've talked about a topic similar to this before many times, but not this specific topic from what I recall.

I am surprised that I'm #11 in the post rankings from last thread, which got me thinking more about this question now than as much as I did before (and I've thought about this a lot). So...

What is Blink-182 to you RIGHT now in your life?

For me, I feel like I've grown out of them. I didn't start listening to them until the reunion, so nostalgia doesn't drive my fondness for Blink. However, pop punk just doesn't cut it for me anymore. Don't get me wrong, I think Dude Ranch, Enema Of The State, and Take Of Your Pants And Jacket are all good albums, but the lyrics and music don't do much for me anymore. I find myself listening to S/T, Neighborhoods, and Dogs Eating Dogs more, but even then, I think Neighborhoods and Dogs Eating Dogs are alright.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't consider myself a big fan of the band anymore. I listen to Blink a lot because they're an easy listen, but they don't stimulate me much anymore. I still care about what the band does, but I wouldn't call Blink one of my favorites anymore.

It's a true "well I guess this is growing up" moment for me.
05:27 PM on 01/29/13 
User Info.
Deathco_019
Limerick, PA
Male - 22 Years Old
SCHLOTTY!
06:53 AM on 01/30/13 
User Info.
Deathco_019
Limerick, PA
Male - 22 Years Old
Oooooh, that's a fun topic to discuss. What bands would you really dig into on long drives?

Thrice and Thursday are the first two that come to mind for me. I'd probably say Jimmy Eat World as well. I don't know about Blink. I feel like I'd get bored before getting to the S/T (no offense to albums prior and their feelings).
07:37 AM on 01/30/13 
User Info.
Deathco_019
Limerick, PA
Male - 22 Years Old
AND WILL YOU TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS
07:43 AM on 01/30/13 
User Info.
Deathco_019
Limerick, PA
Male - 22 Years Old
And there's the combo breaker!

But I forgive you for adding Clarity in your list. Timeless album.
08:04 AM on 01/30/13 
User Info.
Deathco_019
Limerick, PA
Male - 22 Years Old
seriously. that album is right next to Blink's self titled album for being my favorite album of all time. i bounce back and forth between those two.

Clarity definitely takes the cake for me. It achieves so many different emotions and makes me feel ways that really no other album has before. Lucky Denver Mint, Your New Aesthetic, Just Watch The Fireworks, For Me This Is Heaven, Blister, Clarity... There are so many songs that just hit me hard on that album.
08:21 AM on 01/30/13 
User Info.
Deathco_019
Limerick, PA
Male - 22 Years Old
I remember when I first got Clarity, well most of it (no Table For Glasses and Clarity was cut in half), back when I was 16 in high school. I didn't get it at all. I loved Lucky Denver Mint and Your New Aesthetic, but didn't care for much else. The album slammed me when I was 18 in high school. It might have been due to a really difficult time in my life at that point, but I'm glad Clarity hit me when it did. I don't play it often, but I do when the mood is right.
04:01 PM on 01/30/13 
User Info.
Deathco_019
Limerick, PA
Male - 22 Years Old
I love Motion City Soundtrack. They just barely miss being a top ten band for me. They can do no wrong.

However, I prefer JEW closers to MCS closers. Both bands do terrific closers though,

If anyone is looking to get into either band, I'd suggest starting with Bleed American and Commit This To Memory.
08:53 PM on 01/30/13 
User Info.
Deathco_019
Limerick, PA
Male - 22 Years Old
When I Was Young has grown on me. Also, I think the Yelawolf part is awesome.
11:58 AM on 01/31/13 
User Info.
Deathco_019
Limerick, PA
Male - 22 Years Old
I agree about some of the bridges in the newer songs being boring. I used to love the bridge to Dogs Eating Dogs, but it's gotten stale now.

The bridges to Everytime I Look For You and Please Take Me Home make me want to go nuts. There are some other great bridges on S/T (Feeling This, Obvious, Stockholme Syndrome, Here's Your Letter).

I really like the bridge to Ghost On The Dancefloor and After Midnight though.
09:53 AM on 02/01/13 
User Info.
Deathco_019
Limerick, PA
Male - 22 Years Old
At 1:53, oh my God...
07:47 AM on 02/04/13 
User Info.
Deathco_019
Limerick, PA
Male - 22 Years Old
Is that when shit started happening back in the day? Mark was not pleased with Tom or Travis during the S/T recording process?

I only ask because I do not know how it all started and went down.
08:08 AM on 02/04/13 
User Info.
Deathco_019
Limerick, PA
Male - 22 Years Old
Understandable.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music