Username
Password

03:29 PM on 01/29/13 
User Info.
bradsonemanband
Change To Fire/Cootie Catcher
Provo, UT
Male - 28 Years Old
wow, i'm the top Blink poster? hahaha weird. what's even weirder is that i had almost double the posts of Alligator.
05:55 AM on 01/30/13 
User Info.
bradsonemanband
Provo, UT
Male - 28 Years Old
I'm in the top ten posters? WATCH OUT BRAD I'M COMING FOR YOU ON THIS ONE!

I think we should all make a collective effort to ensure Brad isn't top poster again haha.

bring it on, bitches!
05:57 AM on 01/30/13 
User Info.
bradsonemanband
Provo, UT
Male - 28 Years Old
Seems Blink is one of the few bands I dig into their whole catalog on long drives

same here. on long drives (especially in the summer months) i listen to Dude Ranch a lot. from Dude Ranch on, Enema of the State is probably the album i listen to the least.
07:42 AM on 01/30/13 
User Info.
bradsonemanband
Provo, UT
Male - 28 Years Old
on long drives, depending on the weather and time of day, i listen to a lot of Blink, The Ataris, TBS, TSL, Owen/American Football, Clarity by Jimmy Eat World, or i make a couple mix CDs and go through those a couple times.
07:52 AM on 01/30/13 
User Info.
bradsonemanband
Provo, UT
Male - 28 Years Old
But I forgive you for adding Clarity in your list. Timeless album.

seriously. that album is right next to Blink's self titled album for being my favorite album of all time. i bounce back and forth between those two.
08:32 AM on 01/30/13 
User Info.
bradsonemanband
Provo, UT
Male - 28 Years Old
I don't drive much anymore but Transatlanticism is a great album to drive to imo.

agreed. that's a great album.
08:36 AM on 01/30/13 
User Info.
bradsonemanband
Provo, UT
Male - 28 Years Old
Motion City Soundtrack have always and will always be the kings of album closers.

Hold Me Down is the shiiiiiiiiit
08:55 AM on 01/30/13 
User Info.
bradsonemanband
Provo, UT
Male - 28 Years Old
I should probably revisit JEW. I've tried to get into them a few times in the past, but nothing has stuck. What album should I start with?

Bleed American is very hit or miss. for me at least. so i'd say start with (and stick with) Clarity.
09:13 AM on 01/30/13 
User Info.
bradsonemanband
Provo, UT
Male - 28 Years Old
There's a band called The 1975 that is doing fine in my car radio lately.

The 1975 is great! i've been listening to a lot of stuff like that recently. that kind of electronic indie pop stuff. in fact, my band Wake Up Nebula sounds similar to that kind of stuff. i'll have to hook you up with our album when it's done and see what you think.
09:26 AM on 01/30/13 
User Info.
bradsonemanband
Provo, UT
Male - 28 Years Old
I'll definitely listen to it! PM me when you have something finished! I'm also into this kind of bands nowadays. I'm going to see Two Door Cinema Club in March, and I'm listening to the Wombats currently. I think those 2 bands have a foot in the genre too

do you ever check out this website? http://did.youhearthenew.com/ it's one of my new favorite sites. every month, they release a HUUUUUGE mixtape of known/unknown bands of the same kind of genre. it's how i discovered the 1975, actually. you should check it out if you haven't already.
12:07 PM on 01/30/13 
User Info.
bradsonemanband
Provo, UT
Male - 28 Years Old
Great site! I'll download some of their "best of" mixtapes when I get home! Thanks a lot for sharing it.

I usually check this one out for independent artists, but it's in Portuguese, so you probably won't enjoy it that much hahaha.

Alternative2Punk usually has some good stuff too, even though their uploads aren't exclusively from unknown bands only.

awesome, i'll check those out. also, you should check out www.indieshuffle.com too. they update their site every day with new music. some days are better than others, but there's usually at least one good song/band every day.
01:09 PM on 01/30/13 
User Info.
bradsonemanband
Provo, UT
Male - 28 Years Old
i mostly listen to self titled. that one is just a solid amazing album to me. i listen to TOYPAJ quite a bit too, when i'm feeling nostalgic. Neighborhoods or DED if i'm feeling like listening to Blink stuff that i don't know as well. and then in the summer, i listen to Dude Ranch a lot. Enema is a rare one though for me to listen to. i usually just pop in a Blink mix i made that has all my favorite songs from Buddha to self titled.

i still feel very attached to Blink. i listen to them at least one or two days a week.
07:00 AM on 02/04/13 
User Info.
bradsonemanband
Provo, UT
Male - 28 Years Old
I think the S/T can be equalized or beaten.

you're setting yourself up for blue balls, man! haha but really, they'd have to be completely 159% focused soley on Blink, and have to have the best chemistry than they've EVER had to pull off a S/T part 2. it COULD happen, but i just don't want to hold my breath because who knowssss!
08:08 AM on 02/04/13 
User Info.
bradsonemanband
Provo, UT
Male - 28 Years Old
Is that when shit started happening back in the day? Mark was not pleased with Tom or Travis during the S/T recording process?

I only ask because I do not know how it all started and went down.

Didn't Box Car Racer happen like a year before S/T? I think that's what started the whole thing.

yeah, from what i understand, Mark was offended that Tom and Travis went off and did BCR without him. and since that happened, Mark was always kind of worried that Tom would "cheat on him" again or leave all together to do something different.
05:31 AM on 02/05/13 
User Info.
bradsonemanband
Provo, UT
Male - 28 Years Old
you know how since DED came out we haven't really heard aaaanything about Blink? wouldn't it be funny if they were pulling a "Fall Out Boy" on us and recording a new album secretly?

...sigh. but they're not. we all know this haha.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets