AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

03:50 PM on 01/29/13 
User Info.
Mrk_Brdshw
Missouri
Male - 25 Years Old
No blinkumentary. Sounds too much like +44 and AvA. They are better if they record in one room. Album rankings. Song rankings. Ideal set lists. Tom's voice sounds slightly less terrible if he isn't hammered. Yelawolf isn't as bad as everyone thought. Tom's hat is still stupid.

There. Now this thread is caught up to the last one.
03:52 PM on 02/08/13 
User Info.
Mrk_Brdshw
Missouri
Male - 25 Years Old
The Vandals have a ton of quality stuff. "People That Are Going To Hell" and "Behind the Music" are just a couple of my favorites.
12:48 AM on 02/17/13 
User Info.
Mrk_Brdshw
Missouri
Male - 25 Years Old
Just read the official post. this is going to be really weird..

I had hopes high with Travis finally traving to Australia because that meant blink could possibly come to play Rock in Rio in Brazil this year. what a bummer...

but hey, it must be REALLY hard for all of them, and I'm really glad that Tom and Mark are willing to make this happen. but it's going to be really hard to see blink 182 without Travis Barker. Strange times indeed

The worst part is that i get this feelings that blink might end for good anytime...

Huh? I get the opposite feeling after them pumping out that solid EP so quickly. I mean, Travis' fear of flying has existed the entire time they've been back together. I don't think this announcement reflects anything besides that.
04:25 AM on 02/18/13 
User Info.
Mrk_Brdshw
Missouri
Male - 25 Years Old
http://vine.co/v/b6uXt1UqP01

Mark posted this video of them rehearsing a few hours ago.

OMG. PLEASE can someone do a bunch of covers (and claim they are real) and video discussions about the three chords Tom just played and spread around that this is a possible demo for their next album? I mean, they're playing it at their soundcheck so it MUST be a new song, and it sounds SO GOOD so they better use it sometime, even if it's 10 years from now.
03:03 PM on 02/18/13 
User Info.
Mrk_Brdshw
Missouri
Male - 25 Years Old
You know what's funny? For the longest time after I found out how much of a badass Josh Freese was, I always said my favorite album that he was on drum-wise was "Look What I Almost Stepped In..." by The Vandals.

Little did I know until YEARS later that it was actually Brooks Wackerman filling in for Josh on that album because he had other obligations. Ha. So it was actually Brooks' drumming I was drooling over for all those years.
03:42 PM on 03/05/13 
User Info.
Mrk_Brdshw
Missouri
Male - 25 Years Old
I wonder what the fuck these guys were up to this time

(it would be fun to see Travis wearing this outfit)

Brookes looks like he doesn't want to be there (haha)

Edit: Holy shit at that video. I laughed so hard at the Duff McKagan part.... "Everyone knows Guns 'n Roses is Axl, Slash, the dude with the top hat, and Buckethead.... There was no blonde guy"

"I don't need this indie fuckin shit"
05:53 AM on 07/02/13 
User Info.
Mrk_Brdshw
Missouri
Male - 25 Years Old
Bums me out to hear people say that about Mark. I liked most of the +44 record ("Lilian" is one of my favorite songs he's ever written). He was a little weak on Neighborhoods , but he had some good parts on "After Midnight", "Natives", and "Kaleidoscope". He kills it on "Dogs Eating Dogs" and "Boxing Day" though.

My only complaint, which I think goes for a lot of people, is that his delivery is a little boring nowadays. He doesn't show as much emotion in his voice as before, and the songs always end up coming off as boring because of it. I think that's why he works best on songs where Tom also sings.
01:17 PM on 07/02/13 
User Info.
Mrk_Brdshw
Missouri
Male - 25 Years Old
That's what happens when blink is gone for months. We all start disagreeing and shit.

You know who I blame for that? Tom's stupid hat.
04:09 PM on 08/23/13 
User Info.
Mrk_Brdshw
Missouri
Male - 25 Years Old
That guy creeps me out so much. I remember watching all of his videos a couple of years ago. He literally tries to replicate every piece of Tom possible.

Owns the same musical equipment, ONLY plays blink and AvA songs, tries to make his hair, tattoos, piercings, etc. like Tom's, wears all the same clothing (even that stupid fucking hat), and he even tries mimicking his gestures. So weird. And to top it off, he gets offensive when people accuse him of trying to be like Tom. haha.
06:33 AM on 08/25/13 
User Info.
Mrk_Brdshw
Missouri
Male - 25 Years Old
Jesus. Now that kid has an "interview" of himself in a video, and apparently, he's now collaborating with a Travis look alike. hahaha.
03:56 PM on 01/08/14 
User Info.
Mrk_Brdshw
Missouri
Male - 25 Years Old
I'm hoping they get new stuff out by the end of summer, but you never know about these guys. If by "in the studio" they mean they designate time to all be in the same place working on music together, then I could definitely see a release in the near future. My fear is that "in the studio" really means that they have the intention to work on new music as they please.

But yeah, you really never know what these guys are going to do until it actually comes down to it. Wasn't it like 4 or 5 months ago Tom said they may never release another full length again and just do EPs? haha
03:06 PM on 01/09/14 
User Info.
Mrk_Brdshw
Missouri
Male - 25 Years Old
Yeah, after it came out Tom was promoting DED and discussing how an independent blink could release music in nontraditional formats. Given the fact that they're looking to move back towards the self-titled at least in terms of the creative process and the fact that no physical release really hurt DED, I bet we get a full length before any more EPs.

I didn't mean that I thought they were really going to do more E.P.s I was using that as an example to show how you can never put too much stock into what Tom or Mark say they're going to do until they're ACTUALLY doing it. haha.
04:09 PM on 02/18/14 
User Info.
Mrk_Brdshw
Missouri
Male - 25 Years Old
I guess I kinda get the hate for Mark's newer songs, but "Dogs Eating Dogs" is easily my favorite blink song since their reunion. Really, his only other lead singing part on that EP was "Boxing Day", and I thought he killed that, too.

I liked "Heart's All Gone" and "MH" more than the majority of people, but I can definitely see people's complaints with them. They just feel…flat? I''m not sure. They sort of feel like he was struggling with writer's block during that whole part of the recording process. They feel uninspired or something.

The times when he shined on Neighborhoods are when he and Tom both sang like on "Natives", "Kaleidoscope", and "After Midnight". I don't know if it was that working with Tom and Travis inspired him more or if it's just that Tom simply gives Mark's songs more life by singing on them… but those were clearly the best songs he was a part of.
04:53 PM on 04/03/14 
User Info.
Mrk_Brdshw
Missouri
Male - 25 Years Old
I bet a larger number of their songs have been started that way than you think. Besides, at this point, if they don't demo on their own they won't get anything done. haha.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos