Male - 21 Years Old
OH YEAHHHH
05:22 PM on 01/29/13 
User Info.
surette
kill the switch
Boston, MA
Male - 23 Years Old
No blinkumentary. Sounds too much like +44 and AvA. They are better if they record in one room. Album rankings. Song rankings. Ideal set lists. Tom's voice sounds slightly less terrible if he isn't hammered. Yelawolf isn't as bad as everyone thought. Tom's hat is still stupid.

There. Now this thread is caught up to the last one.
well done.
05:56 PM on 01/29/13 
User Info.
iRob
Live together, die alone.
England
Male - 24 Years Old
I don't know what I'm most surprised about, being 4th top poster for the last thread or that I've posted more in other threads than the blink one. I could've sworn I only ever posted in the blink thread.

Shame we didn't have a good topic to start off the new thread with. The last one coincided nicely with the release of Neighborhoods. Not long til we get some new live footage though!
06:12 PM on 01/29/13 
User Info.
jeffersin
I love you!
Cincinnati, OH
Male - 22 Years Old
Well hidey ho there freshness lovers.
06:17 PM on 01/29/13 
User Info.
Deathco_019
I demand a trial by combat.
Limerick, PA
Male - 23 Years Old
So I've got an idea for what we can talk about during this lull. We've talked about a topic similar to this before many times, but not this specific topic from what I recall.

I am surprised that I'm #11 in the post rankings from last thread, which got me thinking more about this question now than as much as I did before (and I've thought about this a lot). So...

What is Blink-182 to you RIGHT now in your life?

For me, I feel like I've grown out of them. I didn't start listening to them until the reunion, so nostalgia doesn't drive my fondness for Blink. However, pop punk just doesn't cut it for me anymore. Don't get me wrong, I think Dude Ranch, Enema Of The State, and Take Of Your Pants And Jacket are all good albums, but the lyrics and music don't do much for me anymore. I find myself listening to S/T, Neighborhoods, and Dogs Eating Dogs more, but even then, I think Neighborhoods and Dogs Eating Dogs are alright.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't consider myself a big fan of the band anymore. I listen to Blink a lot because they're an easy listen, but they don't stimulate me much anymore. I still care about what the band does, but I wouldn't call Blink one of my favorites anymore.

It's a true "well I guess this is growing up" moment for me.
06:22 PM on 01/29/13 
User Info.
schlotty
See you later, Joben!
Omaha, Nebraska
Male - 20 Years Old
hey
06:27 PM on 01/29/13 
User Info.
Deathco_019
I demand a trial by combat.
Limerick, PA
Male - 23 Years Old
SCHLOTTY!
06:29 PM on 01/29/13 
User Info.
iRob
Live together, die alone.
England
Male - 24 Years Old
I go in phases with blink. I won't listen to them for months, but then one of their songs will pop up on shuffle and suddenly I'll be all over them again. I was a massive fan all through my teenage years so to an extent it's nostalgia. TOYPAJ in particular just reminds me of the summer of 2005 when I spent every day just dickin' around with my friends with not a care in the world. We weren't quite mature enough to appreciate S/T but we blasted TOYPAJ every day. That was really the last summer we all spent like that before some of us got girlfriends or moved away.

But RIGHT now in my life, they're my favourite band always, if only for the amount of memories and good times they hold, but I rarely listen to pre-2003 blink. S/T is a work of art to me and that's really what keeps them at #1.

I've just realised now with age that pop punk is generally pretty weak other than the bands that made it what it is - blink, green day, sum 41, the offspring etc. I'm pretty much over everything blink have done before S/T, and I've been unimpressed with everything they've done since the reunion apart from 4 songs on Dogs Eating Dogs, but I'm still extremely excited about what they're doing in the future.
06:38 PM on 01/29/13 
User Info.
jeffersin
I love you!
Cincinnati, OH
Male - 22 Years Old
That is pretty much exactly how I feel. They were literally all I listened to for the last two years of high school for me. Now, I think the last time I really listened to them was listening to Dogs a couple days after it came out, and before that, it had been months since my last listen. I still definitely consider them a top 3 band for me. I still follow news about them religiously watch anything they put out, but it just doesn't stick with me as much. Blink was pretty much infused with my entire being for a while, but now I can't say that. Like you guys, I've moved past pop punk as a whole and am generally bored by all of it, as sad as it is to say.
07:25 PM on 01/29/13 
User Info.
tdlyon
Set phasers to love me
Maryland
Male
Haven't listened to them in a while, but as soon as we get new news I'll be all over them again.
07:29 PM on 01/29/13 
User Info.
xRadioJoyx
Perth, WA
Female
20 days until I see them for the first time in Sydney! :D
07:43 PM on 01/29/13 
User Info.
UnderMyDreams
No Avatar Selected
University Park, PA
Male - 24 Years Old
Oh hey.
07:49 PM on 01/29/13 
User Info.
leftapart
Bay Area, CA
Male
I listened to DED when it first came out but forgot it existed after that. I should give it another listen. But I've been randomly singing some of their older songs in my head lately though. Maybe I should revisit those albums soon too. Decisions, decisions.
07:53 PM on 01/29/13 
User Info.
Ismael182
I'd love to turn you on
Chicago, IL
Male - 28 Years Old
61 posts! Cooool.
08:18 PM on 01/29/13 
User Info.
dunkinsdonut
No Avatar Selected
MD