Password

06:04 PM on 01/29/13 
User Info.
Whalejaw
Hi Mr. Meeseeks! I'm Mr. Meeseeks!
Dayton, OH
Male - 28 Years Old

Quote:
The Americans is a period drama about the complex marriage of two KGB spies posing as Americans in suburban Washington D.C. shortly after Ronald Reagan is elected President. The arranged marriage of Philip (Matthew Rhys) and Elizabeth Jennings (Keri Russell), who have two children – 13-year-old Paige (Holly Taylor) and 10-year-old Henry (Keidrich Sellati), who know nothing about their parents’ true identity – grows more passionate and genuine by the day, but is constantly tested by the escalation of the Cold War and the intimate, dangerous and darkly funny relationships they must maintain with a network of spies and informants under their control. Complicating their relationship further is Philip’s growing sense of affinity for America’s values and way of life. Tensions also heighten upon the arrival of a new neighbor, Stan Beeman (Noah Emmerich), an FBI agent. Stan and his partner, Agent Chris Amador (Maximiliano Hernández), are members of a new division of Counterintelligence tasked with fighting against foreign agents on U.S. soil, including KGB Directorate S illegals, Russian spies posing as Americans.

I was surprised I couldn't find a thread for this show when it's premiering tomorrow. Even though I like Keri Russell I wasn't that interested in the series until some good reviews started popping up.
10:11 PM on 01/30/13 
User Info.
Whalejaw
Dayton, OH
Male - 28 Years Old
This was fantastic.
10:58 PM on 01/30/13 
User Info.
Whalejaw
Dayton, OH
Male - 28 Years Old
Can anyone think of a better drama pilot since Homeland?

Maybe Awake, although I think show will be able to keep up the quality a lot better than that.
01:36 PM on 01/31/13 
User Info.
Whalejaw
Dayton, OH
Male - 28 Years Old
Is Kerri Russell's character American or Russain? Sounded like she had no accent in the promo.

She's a Russian operative undercover as an American citizen.
11:00 PM on 01/31/13 
User Info.
Whalejaw
Dayton, OH
Male - 28 Years Old
Missed this last night, but if this is online (Hulu perhaps?), I definitely will check it out tonight.

http://vod.fxnetworks.com/watch/theamericans
09:30 PM on 02/06/13 
User Info.
Whalejaw
Dayton, OH
Male - 28 Years Old
Loving this show. I feel like tonight did a great job of balancing the leads better than the pilot.
09:05 PM on 02/13/13 
User Info.
Whalejaw
Dayton, OH
Male - 28 Years Old
All the spycraft in this episode was really cool. The last scene in the kitchen was fantastic. I was a little confused though because I don't remember who Gabriel is. I kind of wished they had left Joyce's fate ambiguous.
10:17 PM on 02/20/13 
User Info.
Whalejaw
Dayton, OH
Male - 28 Years Old
I'm surprised how consistently good this show has been. I loved how frantic both sides were running tonight and I kind of wish the show would drop the historical accuracy just so we could see what would happen if Philip and Elizabeth really had to start a guerrilla war on U.S. soil.
02:34 PM on 02/21/13 
User Info.
Whalejaw
Dayton, OH
Male - 28 Years Old
Really happy about this news.
08:55 PM on 02/27/13 
User Info.
Whalejaw
Dayton, OH
Male - 28 Years Old
I can't believe there isn't more discussion on this show each week. Best drama currently airing.
11:29 PM on 02/27/13 
User Info.
Whalejaw
Dayton, OH
Male - 28 Years Old
Clearly you don't watch Justified.

This season of Justified is great, just not nearly as consistent as seasons 2 and 3. It's a tough call but right now I give the edge to The Americans.

Treme isn't airing right now.
12:54 AM on 02/28/13 
User Info.
Whalejaw
Dayton, OH
Male - 28 Years Old
It's much more consistent than season two. Maybe not as much as last year, but the overarching plot and the acting is better.

The main cast has been having knockout performances but Margo Martindale and Jeremy Davies still crush all of the guest stars from this season and the overarching plot has been all over the place. Maybe everything will come together in the end. The show is still amazing, I just think The Americans is a little bit better right now.
09:38 PM on 03/06/13 
User Info.
Whalejaw
Dayton, OH
Male - 28 Years Old
I suspected the twist on the interrogation early on but man it was so worth it for watching Elizabeth unleash on Claudia.

The argument right after and the ending of the episode were equally as brutal albeit on an emotional level.
09:44 PM on 03/06/13 
User Info.
Whalejaw
Dayton, OH
Male - 28 Years Old
I'd definitely enjoy this a lot more if I had terrible taste in television.

You'd enjoy a lot more things if you weren't so pretentious.
09:46 PM on 03/06/13 
User Info.
Whalejaw
Dayton, OH
Male - 28 Years Old
This is true.

Does Keri give a blowjob at the beginning of every episode?

Nope.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version