Username
Password

03:35 PM on 01/31/13 
User Info.
Chancetobe
Only the good die young
Cleveland/Upstate NY
Female - 25 Years Old
I think the premise of the Americans is probably the best premise I could imagine for a tv show. There's so much they can do with it. I don't know that I'm obsessed with the show yet, but I am FASCINATED by the characters and have nothing but questions that I can't wait to get answers to. Are they really in love? Will they choose their kids or their job? Do they even love their kids? How do their kids not know anything is up? How do they do what they do every single day? What about the neighbor. Ect. ect.

The first 20 minutes were quite boring and a little bit confusing, but it picked up. For those of you who gave up early, I'd give it another shot. I have a feeling this show will be on the up.
11:00 PM on 01/31/13 
User Info.
Whalejaw
Hi Mr. Meeseeks! I'm Mr. Meeseeks!
Dayton, OH
Male - 28 Years Old
Missed this last night, but if this is online (Hulu perhaps?), I definitely will check it out tonight.

http://vod.fxnetworks.com/watch/theamericans
03:50 AM on 02/01/13 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
Maybe the best new pilot I've seen this season. The premise is intriguing, a lot of the dialogue was taut and calculated, and the character work is especially interesting in certain situations due to the two leads wanting to react as Russians on a more impulsive level, but realizing their limitations as Americans and having to cater their actions accordingly. The first thing that I immediately enjoyed about this is how the characters subverted my subconscious expectations of them. I went in completely thinking if they weren't going to both be diehard agents, then the wife would be the one dealing with the moral dilemma of whether or not to defect, with the husband forever living for mother Russia. It was a delightful surprise to find that swapped around.

I love how this show is going to work on two separate levels: a spy thriller and a family drama.
01:55 PM on 02/01/13 
User Info.
A_Time_To_Get
So refreshing that the WIFE is the darker of the two. So many big time and respected cable dramas always have the wife as the weakest part of the show, brining "the hero" down. Think Breaking Bad, Mad Men, etc. Nag nag nag.
02:58 PM on 02/01/13 
User Info.
dash64
This Is My Design
San Antonio, TX
Male - 23 Years Old
Really enjoyed the first episode. I like the fact that they put the husband and wife on equal footing when it came to how lethal they could be and the opposing views gave the show a nice dilemma. I'm hoping this show makes it because it could be great.
09:10 PM on 02/02/13 
User Info.
iknowyouwantto
Milwaukee
Male - 26 Years Old
That was alright. It relied on music too much (the Phil Collins bit was awful), and I have a feeling the kids will become a nuisance, a la Homeland. Premise is enough to keep me watching.
The Phil Collins may have been a bit much, but having Tusk in the opening (and closing sequence) was awesome. I am a sucker for fleetwood mac though.
11:45 AM on 02/03/13 
User Info.
wall e
@mattobrien37
Agawam, MA
Male - 24 Years Old
I was worried at first, but I will definitely give the first episode a shot based on the feedback in here.
12:08 PM on 02/03/13 
User Info.
jeffersin
I love you!
Cincinnati, OH
Male - 22 Years Old
This show has an incredible amount of potential. I hope it isn't wasted, but judging from the pilot, it's going to be awesome.
12:31 AM on 02/06/13 
User Info.
vivatoto56
EB was left out
Billings, MT
Male - 23 Years Old
Finally watched the pilot, didn't really like it. I don't like any of the characters at all, nothing has really drawn me in.

I'll probably watch a few more episodes and give it the benefit of the doubt since it's FX, but I don't think I'm in for the long run on this one.
10:05 AM on 02/06/13 
User Info.
stayillogical
She's a marshmallow
Providence, RI
Female - 25 Years Old
Finally watched the pilot, didn't really like it. I don't like any of the characters at all, nothing has really drawn me in.

I'll probably watch a few more episodes and give it the benefit of the doubt since it's FX, but I don't think I'm in for the long run on this one.

I have the same issue, but with The Following instead. To me, those characters are seriously lacking. The Americans is fascinating.
10:09 AM on 02/06/13 
User Info.
SeeTheLights
Bangor, ME
Male - 21 Years Old
I recorded this and still need to watch it haha..Need to do it before tonight.
10:39 AM on 02/06/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old
I recorded this and still need to watch it haha..Need to do it before tonight.

Same here. I'm still catching up on my regular shows and haven't had a chance to start anything new yet... but I will watch this in the next day or two and then watch the 2nd episode
10:46 AM on 02/06/13 
User Info.
SeeTheLights
Bangor, ME
Male - 21 Years Old
Same here. I'm still catching up on my regular shows and haven't had a chance to start anything new yet... but I will watch this in the next day or two and then watch the 2nd episode

Sort of in the same situation. Currently in season 3 of Six Feet Under, and I just got season 4 & 5 for my birthday. Then I also got season 1 of homeland for my birthday haha. So I got plenty of TV for a while haha.
11:09 AM on 02/06/13 
User Info.
vivatoto56
EB was left out
Billings, MT
Male - 23 Years Old
I have the same issue, but with The Following instead. To me, those characters are seriously lacking. The Americans is fascinating.

The Following has actually won me over despite it's flaws. Doesn't hurt that I'm in love with Bacon and Natalie Zea though.
09:30 PM on 02/06/13 
User Info.
Whalejaw
Hi Mr. Meeseeks! I'm Mr. Meeseeks!
Dayton, OH
Male - 28 Years Old
Loving this show. I feel like tonight did a great job of balancing the leads better than the pilot.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos