Username
Password

07:39 AM on 01/30/13 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
I don't believe it. Christians are only capable of bigotry and hate toward homosexuals.

Oh, okay. Well, since you say so hahaha. You must not realize that many christian churches are okay with gay marriage now... (eg: episcopal church) Or that homosexuals are more than welcome in the church- one of my favorite Catholic priests is gay. Really nice, deep guy. Very close friend to my parents.
07:45 AM on 01/30/13 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
I sensed plenty of sarcasm in his post. I could be wrong.

Yeah, I kind of realized after posting that it may be sarcastic, just felt like sharing. There's a lot of misconceptions about Christianity due to a lot of idiot members making us look bad (including myself in the past, admittedly)
09:32 AM on 01/31/13 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
I'm honestly beginning to wonder if you actually read the article. How is it about Dan Cathy being friends with a gay person. The article is written by a gay man who previously organized and led the charge on a huge Chick-fil-a boycott. He probably has more of a right to be mad at Chick-fil-a than most of us, and he finds Dan Cathy to a) be a man of conscience, b) a man who is not closed minded, and c) a man who is willing to change policies for the well-being of others.

I'm not sure what you're reading out of the article, but you're not getting the point.

Christians have historically opposed gay marriage. Their Holy Book tells them that they will be persecuted for what they believe but that they should hold firm. Christians are being persecuted, but are holding firm to what they believe. I don't understand why people find this to be so unbelievable.

It's the Christians who make sins like abortion and gay marriage more of a sin than any other that are the hypocrites. It's funny how you can have a church full of people having premarital sex, not thinking twice about it, but then judging someone for being gay. In Christianity, there really isn't one sin that is greater than the other, and Christians shouldn't judge others- all final judgment is left to God, and the people who judge those who are gay could very well be in a worse place than them for having a lack of humbleness and acting as though they are more deserving of Heaven than someone else. /just what I've learned about Christianity through experience.

And I've been guilty of such judgment in the past, but I regretfully realize that was wrong of me, and I've learned to respect any belief or view others have, even if I don't necessarily agree with it. I don't see why Dan's a bad person because of holding his belief, either. He doesn't discriminate against gays in his establishment (they can be hired, they can eat there), he has no problem with homosexuals as people and can respect their view, but he just feels that marriage is between man and woman in order to procreate and have children, due to the beliefs of his faith. Like suicidesaints said, we have freedom of religion, and damn do they make good chicken. He has the right to do whatever he wants with his own money.

I lately have been questioning what the bible really means about homosexuality, though, and am kind of on the fence of this view myself; but, alas, I still respect both sides.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos