AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

09:30 AM on 01/30/13 
User Info.
sjb2k1
the bull city
Female - 31 Years Old
lots of people have broken sarcasm detectors today.
09:31 AM on 01/30/13 
User Info.
caveBEAR
( ω )
Palm Coast, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
every atheist listens to insane clown posse and is a 30 year old neckbeard in their parent's basement

I've been saying this ^^ for years.
11:18 AM on 01/30/13 
User Info.
troubledbyinsects
~
westfield, ma
Male - 20 Years Old
who cares
12:08 PM on 01/30/13 
User Info.
brook183
@brooks_an
Southgate, MI
Male - 23 Years Old
Hey, my dad's name is Dan and my mom's name is Cathy.
04:04 PM on 01/30/13 
User Info.
squared82
why burn poor and lonely?
Pittsburgh PA
Male - 26 Years Old
I sensed plenty of sarcasm in his post. I could be wrong.

Bingo bango.
04:19 PM on 01/30/13 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
I don't doubt that he's a nice enough man, just as I don't doubt that Hitler had plenty of friends in his personal life, many of whom probably disagreed with the Holocaust. It doesn't matter, the question is not of his personality but of his character. He can say all the nice things he wants and be as friendly as he wants, as long as he continues to fund groups denying the LGBT community their rights I have a problem with him.
04:50 PM on 01/30/13 
User Info.
esposimi
H.E. Pennypacker
Harrisburg, PA
Male - 24 Years Old
I still eat there, best chicken sandwich around.
05:15 PM on 01/30/13 
User Info.
squared82
Pittsburgh PA
Male - 26 Years Old
I don't doubt that he's a nice enough man, just as I don't doubt that Hitler had plenty of friends in his personal life, many of whom probably disagreed with the Holocaust. It doesn't matter, the question is not of his personality but of his character. He can say all the nice things he wants and be as friendly as he wants, as long as he continues to fund groups denying the LGBT community their rights I have a problem with him.

I'm pretty sure the article says that chick fil a is going to steer clear of funding those groups from now on.
05:23 PM on 01/30/13 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
I'm pretty sure the article says that chick fil a is going to steer clear of funding those groups from now on.
No it says they're going to steer clear of funding "the most divisive" of those groups, it does not say all groups that seek to prevent Gay Marriage.
05:52 PM on 01/30/13 
User Info.
squared82
Pittsburgh PA
Male - 26 Years Old
No it says they're going to steer clear of funding "the most divisive" of those groups, it does not say all groups that seek to prevent Gay Marriage.

and steer clear of political groups.

EDIT: I misread that part. It only says they would not engage in public, political rhetoric.

Anyway. I think this is still definitely a step in the right direction. You can't expect such a drastic change over night. I think likening him to Hitler is totally unfair.
05:56 PM on 01/30/13 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
and steer clear of political groups.
So? Some religious groups still work to prevent gay marriage, rather they identify as political or not does not lessen this.
06:03 PM on 01/30/13 
User Info.
squared82
Pittsburgh PA
Male - 26 Years Old
So? Some religious groups still work to prevent gay marriage, rather they identify as political or not does not lessen this.

I immediately edited my post, dude.
06:04 PM on 01/30/13 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
I immediately edited my post, dude.
I wasn't likening him to Hitler in his actions so much as using a hyperbole to demonstrate that people who promote bigotry can still be friendly and nice to hang out with.
06:11 PM on 01/30/13 
User Info.
squared82
Pittsburgh PA
Male - 26 Years Old
I wasn't likening him to Hitler in his actions so much as using a hyperbole to demonstrate that people who promote bigotry can still be friendly and nice to hang out with.

Are you suggesting that the author has been duped by Chickfila's CEO's charm, and he actually hasn't gained any insight or empathy for the LGBT community?
06:12 PM on 01/30/13 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
Are you suggesting that the author has been duped by Chickfila's CEO's charm, and he actually hasn't gained any insight or empathy for the LGBT community?
The Author states in the article that neither he, nor the CEO have changed their beliefs at all in this. Empathy? Maybe. But Empathizing with someone and then continuing to fund groups that actively work to deny them marriage isn't worth shit in my eyes.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos