Username
Password

06:19 PM on 01/30/13 
User Info.
squared82
why burn poor and lonely?
Pittsburgh PA
Male - 26 Years Old
The Author states in the article that neither he, nor the CEO have changed their beliefs at all in this. Empathy? Maybe. But Empathizing with someone and then continuing to fund groups that actively work to deny them marriage isn't worth shit in my eyes.

Well I guess it doesn't have to be worth anything in your eyes, but it is worth something in the author's eyes. And he's got a lot more insight into this situation than either of us do.
06:23 PM on 01/30/13 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
Well I guess it doesn't have to be worth anything in your eyes, but it is worth something in the author's eyes. And he's got a lot more insight into this situation than either of us do.
I'm sure Black people who have racist white friends also think better of them than the general public does, that doesn't make their racism any more acceptable.
07:46 PM on 01/30/13 
User Info.
squared82
why burn poor and lonely?
Pittsburgh PA
Male - 26 Years Old
I'm sure Black people who have racist white friends also think better of them than the general public does, that doesn't make their racism any more acceptable.

All I'm trying to say is that progress seems to have been made about the two sides understanding each other. Both were able to see the humanness of the other and that both sides aren't as black and white as the other would have previously thought.

You can criticize Chickfila's CEO for not changing his mind, or you can be happy that he's making an effort to try to understand those different than him. I'll choose the latter, but go ahead and keep criticizing him. It'll probably make him change his mind faster.
08:56 PM on 01/30/13 
User Info.
ValleyForge
Male - 23 Years Old
I don't doubt that he's a nice enough man, just as I don't doubt that Hitler had plenty of friends in his personal life, many of whom probably disagreed with the Holocaust. It doesn't matter, the question is not of his personality but of his character. He can say all the nice things he wants and be as friendly as he wants, as long as he continues to fund groups denying the LGBT community their rights I have a problem with him.

You're being an idiot. Leave now.
05:42 AM on 01/31/13 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
You're being an idiot. Leave now.
Nope. Point is valid, his kindness towards one member of the community does not overrule his funding of groups to deny them their rights.
06:04 AM on 01/31/13 
User Info.
troubledbyinsects
~
westfield, ma
Male - 20 Years Old
Nope. Point is valid, his kindness towards one member of the community does not overrule his funding of groups to deny them their rights.

You're comparing some dude from Chick Fil A to Adolf Hitler, you realize how ridiculous that is right?
06:32 AM on 01/31/13 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
You're comparing some dude from Chick Fil A to Adolf Hitler, you realize how ridiculous that is right?
hy·per·bo·le [hahy-pur-buh-lee]
noun Rhetoric .
obvious and intentional exaggeration.
an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally, as “to wait an eternity.”
08:50 AM on 01/31/13 
User Info.
troubledbyinsects
~
westfield, ma
Male - 20 Years Old
hy·per·bo·le [hahy-pur-buh-lee]
noun Rhetoric .
obvious and intentional exaggeration.
an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally, as “to wait an eternity.”
doesn't matter if it was hyperbolic or not - you still said it and it was still stupid.
09:01 AM on 01/31/13 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
doesn't matter if it was hyperbolic or not - you still said it and it was still stupid.
The point still remains, his friendship with a single gay person does not change the fact that he is funding groups seeking to deny Homosexuals the right to marry their partners. He is still an asshole. Seriously, get fucked.
09:16 AM on 01/31/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old
I don't agree with his "political/religious" beliefs but I think Chick Fil A has a damn good chicken sandwich and I'll buy one from time to time.

Should you boycott Chick-Fil-A because they are homophobic? I dunno, but I believe in free speech and freedom of religion so even though he's a bigot I'll allow it
09:21 AM on 01/31/13 
User Info.
gameboy_color
Piddo-shitstained-woodpecker
Palo Alto
Male
I've been saying this ^^ for years.

Together man, we'll expose them.
09:22 AM on 01/31/13 
User Info.
gameboy_color
Piddo-shitstained-woodpecker
Palo Alto
Male
Anyone ever put the 'honey roasted BBQ' sauce on the waffle fries? It's romantic.
09:24 AM on 01/31/13 
User Info.
ValleyForge
Male - 23 Years Old
The point still remains, his friendship with a single gay person does not change the fact that he is funding groups seeking to deny Homosexuals the right to marry their partners. He is still an asshole. Seriously, get fucked.

I'm honestly beginning to wonder if you actually read the article. How is it about Dan Cathy being friends with a gay person. The article is written by a gay man who previously organized and led the charge on a huge Chick-fil-a boycott. He probably has more of a right to be mad at Chick-fil-a than most of us, and he finds Dan Cathy to a) be a man of conscience, b) a man who is not closed minded, and c) a man who is willing to change policies for the well-being of others.

I'm not sure what you're reading out of the article, but you're not getting the point.

Christians have historically opposed gay marriage. Their Holy Book tells them that they will be persecuted for what they believe but that they should hold firm. Christians are being persecuted, but are holding firm to what they believe. I don't understand why people find this to be so unbelievable.
09:26 AM on 01/31/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old
Anyone ever put the 'honey roasted BBQ' sauce on the waffle fries? It's romantic.

Yes, yes and yes
09:30 AM on 01/31/13 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
I'm honestly beginning to wonder if you actually read the article. How is it about Dan Cathy being friends with a gay person. The article is written by a gay man who previously organized and led the charge on a huge Chick-fil-a boycott. He probably has more of a right to be mad at Chick-fil-a than most of us, and he finds Dan Cathy to a) be a man of conscience, b) a man who is not closed minded, and c) a man who is willing to change policies for the well-being of others.

I'm not sure what you're reading out of the article, but you're not getting the point.

Christians have historically opposed gay marriage. Their Holy Book tells them that they will be persecuted for what they believe but that they should hold firm. Christians are being persecuted, but are holding firm to what they believe. I don't understand why people find this to be so unbelievable.
He is still funding groups that seek to deny homosexuals the right to marry.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos