Username
Password
Record Sales News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 45.
06:48 PM on 01/30/13
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
User Info.
I've never listened to Bad Religion. I think I'm going to now.
That's the way! Don't listen to them until you consider them to be popular. You should be a superhero: Anti-Hipster-Dude.
06:52 PM on 01/30/13
Dre Okorley
User Info.
Congrats to them. Another fantastic album, as expected.

I'm sure its a great record, and big congrats to them. They deserve it after all these years. Great band.

But one of the reason you are seeing high chart positions for these bands is foremost They are still making great records all these years later, and secondly, album sales are in the toilet for most of the market, so therefore you don't have to sell as many records to make a top list as you did 10 years ago.

And I believe you are seeing some of these great career Punk bands get high chart positions because fans of indie and punk music are one of the few "markets" where people are still into buying physical albums and or buying the whole digital album instead of simply buying singles off of albums.

I think its a great thing!

Bought it. Great album and probably the most consistent punk rock band out there (along with nofx).

Eh.. I wasn't really into Into the Unknown. But congrats to BR!
07:12 PM on 01/30/13
Portugal4142
@BrandonMir
User Info.
That's the way! Don't listen to them until you consider them to be popular. You should be a superhero: Anti-Hipster-Dude.
I'm pretty sure enough people on this site know what Bad Religion sound like without even having to hear them based on how long they've been around and the bands they're associated/referenced with. Based on all that, I never checked them out, but I did with this album since it's more popular (widely accessible) and I thought maybe they'd grow on me.

My point is: there's nothing wrong with checking out bands based on their popularity, you shouldn't rush to judgment, and the "Superhero" type joke missed. Pretty badly.
07:29 PM on 01/30/13
mynameisgeneric
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
oh shit did I just start the next trend?
08:08 PM on 01/30/13
Chris Collum
User Info.
Wonder why this one is so popular?

Jan. is an easy month to chart high in. A couple weeks ago a Christian artist had the #1 album.

^^
08:11 PM on 01/30/13
InTheatersNow
Suck My Balls
User Info.
They probably sold the fewest copies of this record too.
09:07 PM on 01/30/13
ACA
Next Show: Braid/GreatBigPileLeaves
User Info.
Seriously, if you like "punk" or "pop-punk" and you don't know Bad Religion's catalog to at least some extent, your opinion is useless.
09:10 PM on 01/30/13
dannylololol
Stay Hungry. Stay Free.
User Info.
Awesome
09:20 PM on 01/30/13
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
I'm sure its a great record, and big congrats to them. They deserve it after all these years. Great band.

But one of the reason you are seeing high chart positions for these bands is foremost They are still making great records all these years later, and secondly, album sales are in the toilet for most of the market, so therefore you don't have to sell as many records to make a top list as you did 10 years ago.

And I believe you are seeing some of these great career Punk bands get high chart positions because fans of indie and punk music are one of the few "markets" where people are still into buying physical albums and or buying the whole digital album instead of simply buying singles off of albums.

I think its a great thing!
everyone buys less music. not just punk fans. it's all relative.
09:20 PM on 01/30/13
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Seriously, if you like "punk" or "pop-punk" and you don't know Bad Religion's catalog to at least some extent, your opinion is useless.
you always deliver
09:21 PM on 01/30/13
Poochemist
Not that easy to confuse
User Info.
Kudos to the band. Haven't heard the new album yet- how does it stack up to their recent material?
09:48 PM on 01/30/13
ACA
Next Show: Braid/GreatBigPileLeaves
User Info.
Kudos to the band. Haven't heard the new album yet- how does it stack up to their recent material?
It's another solid addition to their stellar catalog. Nothing groundbreaking, but completely solid. If this is their farewell, it's a good note to leave on.
09:56 PM on 01/30/13
Poochemist
Not that easy to confuse
User Info.
It's another solid addition to their stellar catalog. Nothing groundbreaking, but completely solid. If this is their farewell, it's a good note to leave on.
Thanks ACA
10:15 PM on 01/30/13
Steeeve Perry
User Info.
I'm pretty sure enough people on this site know what Bad Religion sound like without even having to hear them based on how long they've been around and the bands they're associated/referenced with. Based on all that, I never checked them out, but I did with this album since it's more popular (widely accessible) and I thought maybe they'd grow on me.

My point is: there's nothing wrong with checking out bands based on their popularity, you shouldn't rush to judgment, and the "Superhero" type joke missed. Pretty badly.
Okay, where to start. Let's try from the top.
First, wasn't talking to you but I'm glad you have an opinion since you are seemingly in the same boat as the other person, checking them out for the first time now.
Second, you know what they sound like without ever having to hear them?? You might have a vague idea, yes, but that is an ignorant assumption.
Third, you checked them out with this album since it is more popular. Fine. Great. Their late-80s albums were "more popular" but we weren't listening to punk then were we. All their albums are widely accessible because Internet.

Now to your "point": I completely agree. In fact, I was genuinely congratulating the other user for not being ashamed to admit he/she had not listened to BR until now, since shifty web-based hipsterdom usually leads to such remarks being criticised. The superhero reference was not intended as sarcasm. Therefore, you missed my point. Pretty badly.
10:18 PM on 01/30/13
Steeeve Perry
User Info.
oh shit did I just start the next trend?
I sure hope so, I was being serious. In a playful way. Kudos for essentially saying, "I checked them out because they were thrust into my line of consciousness by a boost in popularity" whilst most people in your position would never admit that (and, likely, listen to Suffer and No Control, then a couple hours later pretend they are a big fan).
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests