Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 2 posts.
04:57 PM on 01/30/13
SILYW
Canadian Mall Marriage 6000
User Info.
The guy seems to really miss the point. You don't go to shows just to listen to the music. You go to shows to support the bands, sing along with other fans and experience the whole performance. But anyone who just wants to "hear the live music" can buy the dvd and get the same thing that way.

I mean like, 95% of live albums are vastly inferior to the studio versions. If you're just going to listen to music, you almost always want a studio recording. The reason people prefer live music is that it offers a better context to experience the music in, not that it actually sounds better.

These are so true.

I'll add my bit too. I think that sometimes when you go to a live performance you may learn to appreciate songs you never particularly liked before just listening to on the studio recording.

Also depending on what type of person you are, you are going to judge whether they can actually create the atmosphere of the original recording live, and if not how they adapt it to work in a live environment.

So it all comes back to Clunky's point of the context in which you experience both live and recordings in, as altogether they are completely different.
10:35 AM on 01/31/13
SILYW
Canadian Mall Marriage 6000
User Info.
Has happened to me numerous times, most notably with Down by Blink 182. Never really appreciated it until I was singing along with 10,000 more fans.

It's happened to me a few times, most recently was We Are The Sound by Alexisonfire. Saw them at the second date in Brixton and never really like the track until they played it then. In fact I never really liked the majority of Crisis until I had seen them play material off of it. Since then I have come to appreciate what they were trying to achieve from that album.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS