|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
1. How did you get your band name?
We thought of Stupe in a way of wrap something up! So Stupe-iT means like wrapping it up!
2. How did this band get started?
We started in 2005 with our new drummer Rupi. He replaced our old drummer and we started to cover lots of blink-182 stuff. But we always wrote our own material, so in 2006 we recorded our first EP and in 2010 we released the debut album Shadows of a Lifetime.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
I would say there are lots of important bands like The Cure, Nirvana and Ramones. We used to listen a lot to Alkaline Trio, My Chemical Romance and The Used.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
We'd love to tour with Alkaline Trio cause they're a great band and interesting people to be on tour with. We also wanna tour with our buddies in Aiden cause they're great guys!!
5. Best food to eat on tour?
6. Why should people listen to your band?
We do what we like and what we stand for since 2005 and neither all these style changes nor all the wannabe music experts could change that.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Ryan Kesler of the Vancouver Canucks!! We love the Canucks!!
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Don't know! Probably our whole Stupe-iT family!!
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Get rid of all the online votings and focus on the quality of bands.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Playing New Years Eve in front of 75000 people!
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
The opportunity as smaller act to show your music to lots of people.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
"Carry On" is definitely our favorite! It's the last song of the set and you can blast it like hell!!
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
David Hasselhoff! Any '80s music.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
The power of Dr. Manhattan! Because you can do everything.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Nothing that should be written down here!
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
We're an open book!
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
I think there are lots of great online radio stations. Here in Austria it's pretty lame! Just radio stations playing shitty charts music.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Watching The Walking Dead and playing video games.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I guess we could be a bad-ass Rap Band!!