Joaquin Phoenix as Freddie Quell in THE MASTER 3 7.89%
Denzel Washington as Whip Whitaker in FLIGHT 0 0%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

06:05 PM on 01/31/13 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
Don't see why Cooper is a joke either...or Jackman for that matter. Both they both did great work in their respective films.

But yeah. DDL becomes the first person ever to win Best Actor three times.
06:49 PM on 01/31/13 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
Oh yeah the crazy bipolar person always deserves the oscar. Its so hard to flip out! And its such an accurate representation of a serious disorder. And he must be insane too, because who in their right mind would flip out when they catch their wife cheating on them?! Its like what is the big deal!? Man he's got issues, what a performance. Can't wait 'till he plays another douche when they remake the Hangover again.

Why are you projecting Cooper's past work onto a film that has nothing to do with it?
09:43 PM on 01/31/13 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
You mean the one sentence out of all that? Well its because he sucks. and the oscars are a joke, and I'd like to perpetuate that as much as possible. Especially the oscars are a fucking joke part.

I singled out that part because it's a cheap shot and I'm sure you would afford the actors you like a hell of a lot more courtesy than that. He's done some weak films and mediocre acting, not going to deny that. But you could argue the same thing for any of the guys in this category (yes, even DDL), and I think it's bullshit to make an offhand comment like that and expect it to be accepted as a piece of thoughtful criticism. Frankly, he gave a great performance, and you trying to use him as a justification for your hyperbolic hate of a superfluous awards show is almost laughable.

No one is making you pay attention to the Oscars or post in this thread. Your tastes don't align with the Academy and that's fine. But no one really wants to hear you screaming from the rooftops about how above the whole thing you are. None of us are stupid for liking certain films, and the Oscars aren't a joke for awarding them.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos