Denzel Washington as Whip Whitaker in FLIGHT 0 0%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

08:36 PM on 01/31/13 
User Info.
JayDanielHammer
solidkneeplus.tumblr.com
Minnesota
Male - 27 Years Old
It'd be nice of comedies became a regular part of the oscars.
08:50 PM on 01/31/13 
User Info.
jawstheme
I'm not here. This isn't happening.
Pennsylvania
Male
Why are you projecting Cooper's past work onto a film that has nothing to do with it?

You mean the one sentence out of all that? Well its because he sucks. and the oscars are a joke, and I'd like to perpetuate that as much as possible. Especially the oscars are a fucking joke part.
09:43 PM on 01/31/13 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
You mean the one sentence out of all that? Well its because he sucks. and the oscars are a joke, and I'd like to perpetuate that as much as possible. Especially the oscars are a fucking joke part.

I singled out that part because it's a cheap shot and I'm sure you would afford the actors you like a hell of a lot more courtesy than that. He's done some weak films and mediocre acting, not going to deny that. But you could argue the same thing for any of the guys in this category (yes, even DDL), and I think it's bullshit to make an offhand comment like that and expect it to be accepted as a piece of thoughtful criticism. Frankly, he gave a great performance, and you trying to use him as a justification for your hyperbolic hate of a superfluous awards show is almost laughable.

No one is making you pay attention to the Oscars or post in this thread. Your tastes don't align with the Academy and that's fine. But no one really wants to hear you screaming from the rooftops about how above the whole thing you are. None of us are stupid for liking certain films, and the Oscars aren't a joke for awarding them.
06:40 AM on 02/01/13 
User Info.
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
Oshawa, Ontario
Male - 21 Years Old
I'm glad a movie like SLP got recognition at the Oscars. Glad to see it there rather than the same biopics, book adaptations, Academy-friendly directors and heavy-handed dramas.
You realize this is an adaptation and made by an "Academy-friendly director?"
07:03 AM on 02/01/13 
User Info.
jawstheme
I'm not here. This isn't happening.
Pennsylvania
Male
I singled out that part because it's a cheap shot and I'm sure you would afford the actors you like a hell of a lot more courtesy than that. He's done some weak films and mediocre acting, not going to deny that. But you could argue the same thing for any of the guys in this category (yes, even DDL), and I think it's bullshit to make an offhand comment like that and expect it to be accepted as a piece of thoughtful criticism. Frankly, he gave a great performance, and you trying to use him as a justification for your hyperbolic hate of a superfluous awards show is almost laughable.

No one is making you pay attention to the Oscars or post in this thread. Your tastes don't align with the Academy and that's fine. But no one really wants to hear you screaming from the rooftops about how above the whole thing you are. None of us are stupid for liking certain films, and the Oscars aren't a joke for awarding them.

I can assure you I have not attempted "a piece of thoughtful criticism" in this thread. I doesn't take much thought at this point to realize that Bradley Cooper is a mediocre actor at best and the academy awards is a favoritism-based hollywood circle jerk. You are far more worked up than I am over it.
07:37 AM on 02/01/13 
User Info.
Tetragrammaton
Male - 26 Years Old
The reason people get so worked up about the Oscars is because they are the biggest destructive force in cinema. They do it out of love for movies.
07:51 AM on 02/01/13 
User Info.
RonStoppable
yeezy season approachin
Detroit, MI
Male - 22 Years Old
You realize this is an adaptation and made by an "Academy-friendly director?"

yeah, but when I saw it I would never have considered it'd be nominated for anything.
03:28 PM on 02/01/13 
User Info.
speakhandsforme
no shame in impulse
St. Louis, MO
Male - 24 Years Old
Crowe was better than Jackman in my opinion.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos