AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Video News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

The Word Alive Posts "Meet The Band" Video

Posted by - 11:37 AM on 01/31/13
The Word Alive have posted a 16 minute "Meet the Band" video that features interviews by each member about the other members. You can view it in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 23
11:37 AM on 01/31/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
11:38 AM on 01/31/13
Jake Denning
User Info.
No one will recognize THEEEEEEEEEM....
11:58 AM on 01/31/13
johnnyferris
Inside of your heart always
User Info.
Pretty funny.
12:26 PM on 01/31/13
A Head
User Info.
Wish more bands would do this
12:29 PM on 01/31/13
JPA917
@JPA05
User Info.
Good stuff. They were very nice and personable the couple times I got to talk with the band.
12:34 PM on 01/31/13
xtbs7645x
User Info.
Was really into these guys for a while, but their album sadly turned me off... feel like they lost what was unique about them. Great dudes though, still have a lot of respect for them.
01:38 PM on 01/31/13
davidwalbrun
Registered Member
User Info.
Was really into these guys for a while, but their album sadly turned me off... feel like they lost what was unique about them. Great dudes though, still have a lot of respect for them.
Yea Life Cycles wasn't nearly as good as deceiver, but I heard they are going to come out with an ep or something this year so hopefully new material is better
01:54 PM on 01/31/13
Steve Alcala
"Counting Fish"
User Info.
Yeah, Life Cycles in my opinion disregarded everything that made them unique, except keys, which went kinda overboard at a few points too. I'll still listen to whatever they put out in the future though, maybe they'll come around.
02:00 PM on 01/31/13
xtbs7645x
User Info.
Yeah, Life Cycles in my opinion disregarded everything that made them unique, except keys, which went kinda overboard at a few points too. I'll still listen to whatever they put out in the future though, maybe they'll come around.
I think in general the production is what killed it for me (which is weird, seeing as Deceiver was by no means amazing sounding). The keys are pretty awful, they often sound out of place.. the worst part is they sound bad!! sounds like they did it all with a shitty midi program. Also, Telle's vocals weren't mixed well imo.
02:04 PM on 01/31/13
Steve Alcala
"Counting Fish"
User Info.
I think in general the production is what killed it for me (which is weird, seeing as Deceiver was by no means amazing sounding). The keys are pretty awful, they often sound out of place.. the worst part is they sound bad!! sounds like they did it all with a shitty midi program. Also, Telle's vocals weren't mixed well imo.
I think his vocals were. I think people got used to hearing them so layered and effected, so when they heard a dry and straightforward vocal approach they were thrown off. My gripe is with the instrumentals. We know Tony and Zack can play but a good 70 percent of the album was chuggs and bar chords. The drums didn't branch outside of just providing structure. The keys got distracting. It didn't feel well put together. Just my 2 cents.
02:47 PM on 01/31/13
Djentleman
User Info.
hope more bands do/post these kinda interviews
05:56 PM on 01/31/13
ZachMadeMeOdd
<("<) ^( " )^ (>")>
User Info.

Ah yes, the keys. That was certainly something original and unique.
05:57 PM on 01/31/13
ZachMadeMeOdd
<("<) ^( " )^ (>")>
User Info.
I deleted the two Mabbitt demos back in 2011. And apparently since then the entire band has also been deleted.
06:26 PM on 01/31/13
Steve Alcala
"Counting Fish"
User Info.
Ah yes, the keys. That was certainly something original and unique.
Yeah, watch Dusty Riach play and name another of that caliber in this music scene. I get that you may not like the band. I've lost my interest for the most part, but to deny their abilities is just pointless.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos