Username
Password

11:40 AM on 02/01/13 
User Info.
qwerty22
--
Maryland
Male
Was the old one the original? I don't remember it being part two or anything.
06:16 PM on 02/02/13 
User Info.
qwerty22
--
Maryland
Male
aw man.
12:00 PM on 02/04/13 
User Info.
qwerty22
--
Maryland
Male
...except quit doing something they were so amazing at doing. but i don't want to go down that road again. all good things come to an end.
10:13 PM on 04/19/13 
User Info.
qwerty22
--
Maryland
Male
They talked a little about it in a couple interviews. All I remember is that the majority were from one date, with a couple from a different one. I wanna say Chicago. Eh, it's been a long time.

Here's mine:

Thrice > Most Bands > Other Bands
01:03 AM on 04/20/13 
User Info.
qwerty22
--
Maryland
Male
Vheissu > Beggars > The Artist In The Ambulance > Fire/Water > Air/Earth > Illusion Of Safety > The other one

Ok, as long as the other one isn't Major/Minor. Haha, i didn't think it was THAT bad! jk, I know you meant Identity Crisis.
01:02 AM on 04/21/13 
User Info.
qwerty22
--
Maryland
Male
I had heard their name thrown around a bit, but I figured they were just a middle of the road post-hardcore band just like everything else at that time. Then during the Vheissu era i saw the buzz online and figured they were one of those bands all the cool kids were listening to and I wasn't there yet (ha, I was 15). Then they were booked to do the big tour with Brand New, I figured I needed to get into them better, the Alchemy Index blew me away, and over the next couple years they steadily became my favorite.

Wish I could go back and see that BN/Thrice/mwY show again. Looking back on my adolescent life and how immature I was, those bands were way advanced for me to be liking, just glad I had them!
01:11 AM on 05/11/13 
User Info.
qwerty22
--
Maryland
Male
It's been quiet on the new Riley/Ed/Mike Shumaker/whoever else front. C'mon guys. There's a demand for new music! I guess it makes sense that they're busy making a living doing other stuff. But I'm selfish.
12:13 PM on 05/11/13 
User Info.
qwerty22
--
Maryland
Male
It's difficult not to be selfish about it. They're all too good individually to not release new music. Of course Dustin has, but yeah...

we want more, we want more. like, you really like it, you want more!
04:13 PM on 05/11/13 
User Info.
qwerty22
--
Maryland
Male
There have been two new ones this year. One was based on an old idea. And yes, those are always great. But I was referring to what he had mentioned working on with Ed a while back. Not trying to nit-pick. Just clearing up what I said originally. Besides, I was being facetious as I always am when demanding that new music be created. It will happen when it happens.
08:56 PM on 05/19/13 
User Info.
qwerty22
--
Maryland
Male
I always thought they were fan made. (red and green)
01:26 PM on 05/20/13 
User Info.
qwerty22
--
Maryland
Male
That's an interesting question actually because the album art on the cd I bought is the one with the dudes on the boat. Though on my iPod it's just a light yellow background with their symbol. Then beggars is scribbled in. I always wondered why that was.

That's what they used for the itunes/digital sale.

As many of you probably remember, when it leaked, they decided to sell it digitally in August and then moved the physical release to September. So I'm pretty sure that the Thrice logo was used because they wouldn't have any of the artwork candidates available (ocean one or otherwise) to use that early.
12:34 AM on 06/01/13 
User Info.
qwerty22
--
Maryland
Male
I'd buy if they were bigger.
08:40 PM on 06/09/13 
User Info.
qwerty22
--
Maryland
Male
http://hermitology.com/post/52597579...er-is-actually

nice.
03:18 PM on 06/10/13 
User Info.
qwerty22
--
Maryland
Male
I'll have to update my art with that then. I really like it as well. The digital release artwork is boring. Cool logo, but boring cover.

On a completely different note, are there any guitar players in here who know what tuning Thrice play their songs in? I'm asking for a friend and I know little to nothing about guitars. I'm a drummer.

Their tunings vary from album to album. Teppei used to bring like 7 guitars on tour for various songs.

IC: Standard, Drop D
IOS: Half step down, Drop D flat
TAITA: Drop C
Vheissu: Whole step down (D standard), Drop C, Drop A (The Earth Will Shake), Drop B (Like Moths to Flame)
Fire: Baritone tuning - B standard, some with the lowest string dropped to A
Water, Earth, Air: Various. Come All You Weary is whole step down (D standard). Daedalus is standard tuning.
Beggars: D standard
Major/Minor: lots of Baritone, capo use, D standard

07:01 PM on 08/01/13 
User Info.
qwerty22
--
Maryland
Male

omg

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates