Username
Password
Property of Zack News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Property of Zack
Inside AP.net

POZ Presents: Max Bemis Song Shop Article

Posted by: Drew Beringer (01/31/13)
PropertyOfZack has posted another "Perspective" article - this time focusing on Max Bemis' (Say Anything) song shop.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 16
03:33 PM on 01/31/13
EndlessPrisoner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I remember when this idea formed. Good times
03:51 PM on 01/31/13
The Old Black
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I still think its absolutely insane how many songs he writes for this. That said... my gf enjoyed the one I got her.
04:02 PM on 01/31/13
StephenYoung
dumb
User Info.
Don't you mean Sanct-
Oh.
04:12 PM on 01/31/13
EndlessPrisoner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Don't you mean Sanct-
Oh.

Whoops
04:31 PM on 01/31/13
dancelukedance
My body is a bomb
User Info.
Whats the best way to go about purchasing a song?
04:45 PM on 01/31/13
Alison1488
____
User Info.
The song written for me is one of the most special things I've ever received. I think it's amazing that Max does this.
05:01 PM on 01/31/13
iamsoindie
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This guy spreads himself so thin.... he has way too many projects on the go.... I wish he would focus on one single record and actually put some care into it.
05:27 PM on 01/31/13
thetripwirescor
User Info.
Just received mine after purchasing last summer. Figured this is a good place to speak up.

I had listened to a bunch of his song shop songs via youtube and wasn't very impressed but, still, I guess I held out hope that mine would strike the right chords (literally and figuratively) with me. I was not impressed and actually don't really like much about the song. It's basically two chords repeated, with a very weak, almost non-existant melody. At one point, he very clearly messes up on the guitar but, oh well, on he moves. It sounds like, as I'm sure is most likely the case, he wrote it as he recorded it.

I understand no matter how much of a disclaimer I put here, I will get flamed by Bemis/SA fans, but, this is merely my critique of a single song I commissioned. I will admit that I write songs (que the: "oh, you think you could write better song then Max? Even if you had to write 1000 songs??"). I purchased this song because I am a fan of SA and Max in particular. I think he's a very talented, legit dude. More importantly, I purchased the song for someone who really loved SA.

I love that it's Max's voice, addressing the topic I had written about. I believe he gave it the amount of effort I figured he would - I can't say I'm surprised. I think he's killing it with the song shop stuff and he's a genius for thinking it up and a damn hard worker for implementing it as many times as he has. In the end, I guess the old adage "it is what it is" just about sums it up.
05:34 PM on 01/31/13
Siren
asdf
User Info.
I don't want a Perma record, a Two Tongues record, or a Song Shop song. I just want another quality Say Anything album. At the same time, you can't criticize someone for doing what they love and connecting to more fans.
06:18 PM on 01/31/13
pissand409
User Info.
I don't want a Perma record, a Two Tongues record, or a Song Shop song. I just want another quality Say Anything album. At the same time, you can't criticize someone for doing what they love and connecting to more fans.
This.
08:15 PM on 01/31/13
lp670sv
Go Sabres
User Info.
Just received mine after purchasing last summer. Figured this is a good place to speak up.

I had listened to a bunch of his song shop songs via youtube and wasn't very impressed but, still, I guess I held out hope that mine would strike the right chords (literally and figuratively) with me. I was not impressed and actually don't really like much about the song. It's basically two chords repeated, with a very weak, almost non-existant melody. At one point, he very clearly messes up on the guitar but, oh well, on he moves. It sounds like, as I'm sure is most likely the case, he wrote it as he recorded it.

I understand no matter how much of a disclaimer I put here, I will get flamed by Bemis/SA fans, but, this is merely my critique of a single song I commissioned. I will admit that I write songs (que the: "oh, you think you could write better song then Max? Even if you had to write 1000 songs??"). I purchased this song because I am a fan of SA and Max in particular. I think he's a very talented, legit dude. More importantly, I purchased the song for someone who really loved SA.

I love that it's Max's voice, addressing the topic I had written about. I believe he gave it the amount of effort I figured he would - I can't say I'm surprised. I think he's killing it with the song shop stuff and he's a genius for thinking it up and a damn hard worker for implementing it as many times as he has. In the end, I guess the old adage "it is what it is" just about sums it up.
Understandable, when a dude cranks out that many songs that fast some are bound to be duds.
09:21 PM on 01/31/13
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.
erik with a low blow.
11:55 PM on 01/31/13
ZeoVGM
PINK WIG, THICK ASS.
User Info.
This guy spreads himself so thin.... he has way too many projects on the go.... I wish he would focus on one single record and actually put some care into it.
Dude, it hasn't even been a year since the last album and the album before that was two years prior.

The song shop and other stuff hasn't impacted his Say Anything album schedule at all.
07:27 AM on 02/01/13
iamsoindie
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Dude, it hasn't even been a year since the last album and the album before that was two years prior.

The song shop and other stuff hasn't impacted his Say Anything album schedule at all.

You missed my point. I don't want him to simply make more Say Anything albums.... I want him to put all of his attention into Say Anything and use only the best ideas. That's the only way that he stands a shot at creating another masterpiece.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests