AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Comeback Kid News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Comeback Kid
Inside AP.net

Comeback Kid Announce European Dates with Original...

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (02/01/13)
Comeback Kid will celebrate the 10th anniversary of their debut album, Turn It Around, by playing some shows with their original vocalist, Scott Wade. The dates announced so far - a European run - can be found in the replies, with U.S. and Canada dates to be announced. Facedown Records is also reissuing the album on limited edition vinyl; order it here.
Can't believe it's already been 10 years since we released Turn It Around, but as we all know, time flies. We thought it'd be cool to commemorate it with a few things, one of them being bringing Scott Wade back on vocals for some dates. We'll do a few shows and festivals playing songs off of Turn It Around as well as Wake The Dead in April, May and June. Not a lineup change, just a little living in the past as a thank you to those who've been with us since day one.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 23.
07:12 AM on 02/01/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.

22.04.13 UK, London @ Underworld w/ Backtrack, Final Prayer
23.04.13 France, Paris @ Le Petit Bain w/ Backtrack, Final Prayer
26.04.13 Germany, Stuttgart @ Pirate Satellite Festival
27.04.13 Belgium, Meerhout @ Groezrock Festival
29.04.13 Hungary, Budapest @ Dürer Kert w/ Backtrack, Final Prayer
30.04.13 Sweden, Stockholm @ Kulturhuset Firestorm Festival
01.05.13 Badalona, Spain @ Estraperlo Club
04.05.13 Lisbon, Portugal @ Republica Da Musica
07:15 AM on 02/01/13
JPA917
@JPA05
User Info.
Damn. Would love to see this in the US.
07:17 AM on 02/01/13
Supernovacaine
givin'er
User Info.
sounds awesome.. kinda hoping they'd release a new album this year
07:20 AM on 02/01/13
ACA
Next Show: Silverstein @ NYC 4/25
User Info.
Wake the Dead is their finest effort, and Scott Wade's vocals, lyrics, and melodies are HUGE part of that.

Andrew Neufeld is great, and he makes Comeback Kid even heavier, especially live. I think it's a shame that a lot of these really awful nu-metalcore bands' (in the vein of Attack Attack, Asking Alexandria) fans don't really like (or know of) present-day Comeback Kid. There might be a lot for them to like here.. but then again, I don't get the mainstream/pop music world (which is what those types of bands are gunning for -- simple, generic, mass appeal to a specific type of teen), so my analysis may be off.

All of that being said, this tour will be awesome, and I'm stoked to go. Comeback Kid still play cuts from this record, but hearing it in full will be solid. A lot of people make the argument that it's their best -- I wouldn't go that far, but putting Scott back in the driver's seat and watching the band rip through some fantastic songs will be awesome.

I'm guessing this will hit Knitting Factory or St. Vitus, at best, in NYC.
07:30 AM on 02/01/13
jakeisthebest
User Info.
I have to get tickets to underworld!
07:31 AM on 02/01/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Wake the Dead is their finest effort, and Scott Wade's vocals, lyrics, and melodies are HUGE part of that.

Andrew Neufeld is great, and he makes Comeback Kid even heavier, especially live. I think it's a shame that a lot of these really awful nu-metalcore bands' (in the vein of Attack Attack, Asking Alexandria) fans don't really like (or know of) present-day Comeback Kid. There might be a lot for them to like here.. but then again, I don't get the mainstream/pop music world (which is what those types of bands are gunning for -- simple, generic, mass appeal to a specific type of teen), so my analysis may be off.

All of that being said, this tour will be awesome, and I'm stoked to go. Comeback Kid still play cuts from this record, but hearing it in full will be solid. A lot of people make the argument that it's their best -- I wouldn't go that far, but putting Scott back in the driver's seat and watching the band rip through some fantastic songs will be awesome.

I'm guessing this will hit Knitting Factory or St. Vitus, at best, in NYC.
They didn't say they're playing it in full, just that they're doing songs from Turn It Around and Wake The Dead. Maybe for the North American dates though.
07:33 AM on 02/01/13
therookielot
the shape of punk just came
User Info.
YES YES YES YES
07:36 AM on 02/01/13
ACA
Next Show: Silverstein @ NYC 4/25
User Info.
They didn't say they're playing it in full, just that they're doing songs from Turn It Around and Wake The Dead. Maybe for the North American dates though.
Thanks for the clarification, I read too hastily.

You should film this :)
07:36 AM on 02/01/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Thanks for the clarification, I read too hastily.

You should film this :)
I'm already planning on it!
07:37 AM on 02/01/13
Fish Man Alex
User Info.
if this tour hits anywhere in Florida, I might just bust a nut
07:59 AM on 02/01/13
ffadam
Heaven Sent
User Info.
Annoying that he starts the tour in London. Glasgow is like the day before.
08:20 AM on 02/01/13
ConnorCorruptNJ
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
LOVE SCOTT WADE AND WOULD LOOOOVE THIS IN THE US
10:28 AM on 02/01/13
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.
Holy shit. Hope this is in my neck of the woods in 'murica.
10:33 AM on 02/01/13
ZachMadeMeOdd
<("<) ^( " )^ (>")>
User Info.

Honestly man I wouldn't be surprised if they do play it in full. These guys are one of my all time favorite hardcore bands and I've seen them countless times and they still play a decent amount of old tracks still. I'd think this tour will see a large amount of TIA played if not all.

Also, will be even better if Andrew goes back to guitar for these tours. Anyone ever should attend.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests