Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts.
09:51 AM on 02/01/13
whose10743
Do you feel better yet?
User Info.
Hey For Today, you're REALLY into god. We get it. Move forward.
11:42 AM on 02/01/13
whose10743
Do you feel better yet?
User Info.
I get what you're saying, and I think I totally relate. I definitely see Jesus' exhortations to live out his commandments as one that has been neglected or misinterpreted. In Western society we are far too quick to create divisions based on belief differences than we are to love regardless of those differences, and I feel like we emphasize the wrong issues. This is a HUGE generalization but I feel like the conservative right is far more known for their issues with LGBT equality than ending human trafficking. I also don't think we (myself included) don't often take time to consider the oppressive nature of our society and the economic structure we have in place, not just locally, but globally.

That being said, Paul talks about rejoicing no matter what if the gospel is preached, even if it's being done so with wrong, impure, selfish intentions. My impression of these guys is the opposite: they may preach in a way that doesn't necessarily relate to me, but I don't see it coming from a selfish place at all. So I rejoice because Christ is being made known, and He will do the rest.

The struggle with Western Christianity, as I perceive it, is that we fall on two extremes: we either proclaim the gospel without gentleness in a way that is overbearing and unpalatable, or we don't proclaim it at all out of fear of offending others simply by believing what we believe. My biggest struggle has been reconciling the two: having a faith that is characterized by gentle, compassionate word and intentional, passionate dee.
TL;DR

God ain't real bro
01:41 PM on 02/01/13
whose10743
Do you feel better yet?
User Info.
Santa Claus told me different.

edit: i cant spell
At least Santa brings me presents
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE