Username
Password
Album Info. News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 36.
10:45 AM on 02/01/13
rawspinner
Fight the Cancer
User Info.
Seriously? I'm a Christian, but this is just getting old. The cover is awful. And the whole militant attitude towards preaching to crowds is just soooooo annoying. It's a concert, not a revival.

Talking to one of the guys and reading the interview her on AP, it's clear that they take their band/ministry really really seriously. I don't really relate to the way they do it, but I can't hold it against them (except when it isolates, alienates, and potentially harms others).

That being said, I find the artwork kinda cheesy.
10:48 AM on 02/01/13
sergioisevil
User Info.
Hey For Today, you're REALLY into god. We get it. Move forward.
It's their band? Let them do what they want.
10:59 AM on 02/01/13
Skinny blaque
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Art work is lame, I mean ok it's Jesus but, that's like a picture from a bible or something with for today plastered on it,

They are getting to preachy though
11:01 AM on 02/01/13
circletheworld
Old Fears New Frontiers
User Info.
cool story
11:02 AM on 02/01/13
JPA917
@JPA05
User Info.
Talking to one of the guys and reading the interview her on AP, it's clear that they take their band/ministry really really seriously. I don't really relate to the way they do it, but I can't hold it against them (except when it isolates, alienates, and potentially harms others).

That being said, I find the artwork kinda cheesy.
I'm just saying when people are paying to you PLAY MUSIC, that is what you need to do. I understand a word here or there, but the last time I saw them live it was ridiculous. In my opinion, just being likeable people rather than attempting to preach "Fear God, Fear Hell," would result in people being more open-minded to what it is they have to say, and, in turn, would result in their ministry being even more successful.

I mean this is just my opinion, but I feel that actions speak MUCH louder than words, and I have always been a person to live out what I believe first instead of outlandishly speak it out. Then, if someone approaches me, I would be more than happy to answer any questions or even just have some good conversation. I just don't like the whole revival type thing they do. It leads people to make irrational decisions, and it only further taints the public view of Christianity in my opinion.
11:35 AM on 02/01/13
rawspinner
Fight the Cancer
User Info.
I'm just saying when people are paying to you PLAY MUSIC, that is what you need to do. I understand a word here or there, but the last time I saw them live it was ridiculous. In my opinion, just being likeable people rather than attempting to preach "Fear God, Fear Hell," would result in people being more open-minded to what it is they have to say, and, in turn, would result in their ministry being even more successful.

I mean this is just my opinion, but I feel that actions speak MUCH louder than words, and I have always been a person to live out what I believe first instead of outlandishly speak it out. Then, if someone approaches me, I would be more than happy to answer any questions or even just have some good conversation. I just don't like the whole revival type thing they do. It leads people to make irrational decisions, and it only further taints the public view of Christianity in my opinion.

I get what you're saying, and I think I totally relate. I definitely see Jesus' exhortations to live out his commandments as one that has been neglected or misinterpreted. In Western society we are far too quick to create divisions based on belief differences than we are to love regardless of those differences, and I feel like we emphasize the wrong issues. This is a HUGE generalization but I feel like the conservative right is far more known for their issues with LGBT equality than ending human trafficking. I also don't think we (myself included) don't often take time to consider the oppressive nature of our society and the economic structure we have in place, not just locally, but globally.

That being said, Paul talks about rejoicing no matter what if the gospel is preached, even if it's being done so with wrong, impure, selfish intentions. My impression of these guys is the opposite: they may preach in a way that doesn't necessarily relate to me, but I don't see it coming from a selfish place at all. So I rejoice because Christ is being made known, and He will do the rest.

The struggle with Western Christianity, as I perceive it, is that we fall on two extremes: we either proclaim the gospel without gentleness in a way that is overbearing and unpalatable, or we don't proclaim it at all out of fear of offending others simply by believing what we believe. My biggest struggle has been reconciling the two: having a faith that is characterized by gentle, compassionate word and intentional, passionate deed.
11:42 AM on 02/01/13
whose10743
Do you feel better yet?
User Info.
I get what you're saying, and I think I totally relate. I definitely see Jesus' exhortations to live out his commandments as one that has been neglected or misinterpreted. In Western society we are far too quick to create divisions based on belief differences than we are to love regardless of those differences, and I feel like we emphasize the wrong issues. This is a HUGE generalization but I feel like the conservative right is far more known for their issues with LGBT equality than ending human trafficking. I also don't think we (myself included) don't often take time to consider the oppressive nature of our society and the economic structure we have in place, not just locally, but globally.

That being said, Paul talks about rejoicing no matter what if the gospel is preached, even if it's being done so with wrong, impure, selfish intentions. My impression of these guys is the opposite: they may preach in a way that doesn't necessarily relate to me, but I don't see it coming from a selfish place at all. So I rejoice because Christ is being made known, and He will do the rest.

The struggle with Western Christianity, as I perceive it, is that we fall on two extremes: we either proclaim the gospel without gentleness in a way that is overbearing and unpalatable, or we don't proclaim it at all out of fear of offending others simply by believing what we believe. My biggest struggle has been reconciling the two: having a faith that is characterized by gentle, compassionate word and intentional, passionate dee.
TL;DR

God ain't real bro
12:44 PM on 02/01/13
elmakias
Anyone can be a fisherman in May
User Info.
TL;DR

God ain't real bro
Santa Claus told me different.

edit: i cant spell
01:41 PM on 02/01/13
whose10743
Do you feel better yet?
User Info.
Santa Claus told me different.

edit: i cant spell
At least Santa brings me presents
02:47 PM on 02/01/13
rawspinner
Fight the Cancer
User Info.
TL;DR

God ain't real bro

I don't mean this with sarcasm at all. I legitimately thought this was hilarious. People like you bring me down to earth when I take myself too seriously.
02:49 PM on 02/01/13
jakeisthebest
I'm just a fucked up kid
User Info.
Seriously? I'm a Christian, but this is just getting old. The cover is awful. And the whole militant attitude towards preaching to crowds is just soooooo annoying. It's a concert, not a revival.

It's good to hear that it's not just us non-Christians that find it really annoying.
03:10 PM on 02/01/13
xsinkshipsx
@alexmacwilliam
User Info.
Curious to see it only because I was on one of the tours that they filmed is one. Though I'm a Christian, I don't agree with everything they are about. Still great guys though.
03:35 PM on 02/01/13
CastlesXClouds
Relax
User Info.
Jesus looks hardcore as fuck
03:40 PM on 02/01/13
rawspinner
Fight the Cancer
User Info.
It's good to hear that it's not just us non-Christians that find it really annoying.

Ya, what's tricky is when we care more about how we are perceived/our reputation rather than how the gospel is presented. There's a good part of me that has a lot of less traditional perspectives on Christianity, but hopefully that didn't arise out of a dissatisfaction with the general reputation of my faith group, and more out of a critical perspective on my views of faith.

Anyways, good guys, but ya, the album artwork, while probably genuine, seems a bit much.
04:06 PM on 02/01/13
steve187
nah
User Info.
jeesus is scaring me in that pic i feel like he's undressing me and fucking me with his eyes!! :(((
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests