Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 1 posts.
10:15 AM on 02/01/13
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen 701 bands live!
User Info.

It might be the obvious choice but I really enjoy the Never Let You Down series. I've been personally affected by Sandy and this poster is a symbol for hope and rebuild. Quick story, my family and I always rented shore houses for a week every year since 1998. It was a family getaway from the usual hustle and bustle of life. We would always save up every year and think one day we would have our own shore house. In 2010, we saved up enough money to buy a run-down shack in the middle of the ocean and the bay in Ortley Beach (next town over from Seaside). The summer of 2011, we rebuilt and dropped another 30k for renovations. Last summer was the first time we could enjoy the house we rebuilt. Who knew it would've been all gone in the matter of 24 hours? We headed over there a few weeks ago to get a few things that weren't damaged. Against the police's orders, we decided to see the destruction close to the beach. The pictures and videos you see on the news DO NOT do it justice. Some people had it WAYYY worse than we did. Fast forward to last month, FEMA chose not to give us any money because our flood insurance somehow didn't cover the damage. Now my family and I have to save up again to fix up our getaway home.

If I win the 9 posters, I'd hang up all of them in my room when the house is fixed up. I'll put the Never Let You Down poster I already have right in the middle.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests