Password

Comments: Page 7
Displaying posts 90 - 105 of 107
02:00 AM on 02/02/13
TakeLotsWithAlcohol
Geeeeeeeeene
User Info.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Oh my god, I can't handle this right now. This is too good.
11:55 AM on 02/02/13
reedard
User Info.
This was disappointing.
Thank you.

The song is musically tight but over the years Skiba vocals get worse and worse. It doesn't help that his lyrics get lamer and lamer.

If this record has 6 Dan songs I'll be happy. While Skiba has peaked as a singer and a writer Dan is just getting starting. His voice and words are getting stronger and better. Dan's songs are the reason to buy these newer Alk3 records.
12:06 PM on 02/02/13
Bryan Mac
GFYTN
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Thank you.

The song is musically tight but over the years Skiba vocals get worse and worse. It doesn't help that his lyrics get lamer and lamer.

If this record has 6 Dan songs I'll be happy. While Skiba has peaked as a singer and a writer Dan is just getting starting. His voice and words are getting stronger and better. Dan's songs are the reason to buy these newer Alk3 records.
This. This so, so much. Mercy Me was the last good song that Matt Skiba wrote. His songs on the last two albums as well as his other projects have been absolute garbage, however Dan is getting better and better.
When I got into this band like ten years ago or whatever, I felt that Dan was a terrible songwriter and singer and that Alkaline Trio should really be the Matt Skiba show. It's crazy how much that has changed over the last few records.
12:47 PM on 02/02/13
YouHaveNoClue
User Info.
picked up where the last record left off... with some auto tune.
09:38 PM on 02/02/13
frenchatticus
"Capitalism is killing music."
User Info.
I must be the only one that thought this was kinda lame.
yeah it seems everyone is praising this, and I feel the same way. It's not bad but my tastes have shifted, although a lot of their material is in my top favorite ever
12:23 AM on 02/03/13
-whisp-
HelixSkies
User Info.
Haven't really listened to them since Crimson and I quite like this, it's a fun song.
09:27 AM on 02/03/13
gspinn
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
picked up where the last record left off... with some auto tune.
Do you even know what auto-tune sounds like? What you're hearing is (I think) Brendan Kelly (from the Lawrence Arms) singing an octave below Skiba.
11:29 AM on 02/03/13
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
Do you even know what auto-tune sounds like? What you're hearing is (I think) Brendan Kelly (from the Lawrence Arms) singing an octave below Skiba.

Jeez I know. Everybody's an audio engineer these days. Sure auto-tune is abused nowadays, but I'm curious as to why people think nobody can hit notes in the studio. This song is sung almost as low as Matt's stuff in Heavens. Easily in his range, doesn't need to be auto-tuned. Can so few people recognize simple harmonizing?
04:10 PM on 02/03/13
Ollie McKraut
Registered Member
User Info.
It does sound computer-y imo but I'd love to hear it on decent non-laptop speakers.

Anyway it's a great song from my favorite band and the video is pretty badass as well
09:21 PM on 02/03/13
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
It does sound computer-y imo but I'd love to hear it on decent non-laptop speakers.

Anyway it's a great song from my favorite band and the video is pretty badass as well

If there were no lyrics I'd dig this as the video. I can't put my finger on why exactly, I just think it's really cool haha.
12:37 PM on 02/04/13
smelltheglove
youarealldumbemokids
User Info.
hey, not bad at all!

i mean, as far as first impressions of a lead single go...i remember the "help me" premier being like "oh. yea. ok. hmm" this at least sounds as good as "this addiction" the song.
01:03 PM on 02/04/13
YouHaveNoClue
User Info.
Dude. stop. well aware of what auto tune and many other unnatural voice overs sound like. and hey if there is an octave below why not a falsetto high?
04:39 PM on 02/04/13
pillbox remedy
User Info.
yay! :D
10:20 AM on 02/05/13
sammyboy516
User Info.
Yup, it's different every album it seems - he hasn't had much of a vocal break in quite some time and his voice gets worn pretty bad. On Good Mourning his voice had to be processed just to come out coherent on the record.

Really? That's crazy
12:11 PM on 02/05/13
OldSchoolReason
User Info.
Yeah, you can get a glimpse of it on any of the demos or in the live performance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlnPMZomROM from around that time. Then if you listen to the One Man Army split, his voice is well recovered.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos