AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 51
01:00 PM on 02/02/13
5fikev
User Info.
"and....noticed a few comments about the final shows: did we film them? are we putting out a DVD? the answer to both is YES! we filmed the final Toronto and Hamilton shows. Dine Alone plans on releasing a DVD. we'll let you know more when we know more."

They were fantastic in London too!

Nice to see a good quality recording.

This is good news!
01:29 PM on 02/02/13
ramomcferno
It Only Gets Better
User Info.
Thank you so much for this. Made my day.
01:37 PM on 02/02/13
Cursethishearse
@bradleyjp
User Info.
Getting a passport on short notice is ridiculously expensive.
So is them getting the paperwork submitted for entering the country to tour. I can't blame them for not coming here. It would have been nice but oh well.
02:01 PM on 02/02/13
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.

Yeah, but the shows were announced in August so that's not really considered to be short notice, at least in Canada. I looked up the US site because I was bored and it says passports are processed within 4-6 weeks... so you should have received one on time.
02:21 PM on 02/02/13
koryoreo
Fuck You Seattle
User Info.
Being able to watch this was very cool. I just feel fortunate to have seen them live twice. The first time I saw them opening for Saosin in 2007 was one of the craziest/funnest live sets I've ever experienced. I just feel like an idiot for missing the tour with La Dispute/Trash Talk. Go see your favorite bands whenever they come to town because you never know if it will be the last time.
02:23 PM on 02/02/13
likedyingy0ung
your new charmer
User Info.
This is basically my reasoning. It costs enough money to pay to drive up to a city in the northern U.S. cities for me. I spent practically a months pay just to go up to Baltimore for two days for a show this summer. Add on costs for a passport and probably a hotel since one would be travelling a far length and probably wouldn't make it home in a night, and yeah, the expenses aren't pretty, especially for someone who only makes minimum wage.
02:53 PM on 02/02/13
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
This is basically my reasoning. It costs enough money to pay to drive up to a city in the northern U.S. cities for me. I spent practically a months pay just to go up to Baltimore for two days for a show this summer. Add on costs for a passport and probably a hotel since one would be travelling a far length and probably wouldn't make it home in a night, and yeah, the expenses aren't pretty, especially for someone who only makes minimum wage.

If that's the case then whatever. I will admit that I assume everyone has a passport already, primarily because the vast majority of Canadians do have one. Lots of us up here really consider it to be an essential document. And it's not that expensive, especially since it lasts for 5-10 years.
03:07 PM on 02/02/13
bakerboy420
User Info.
I never understood why these guys didn't take off quite at much as they did in Canada. Each studio album sold a million+ up north.

Platinum in Canada is only 100,000 records sold
03:07 PM on 02/02/13
TomWhaley
The Secondside
User Info.
Yes, this rules.
03:19 PM on 02/02/13
MarcVerity
Problem Solver Extraordinaire
User Info.
AOF is such a great band. Sad to see them go. This recording is awesome, although I didn't get to see them live a final time this is definitely nice.
03:56 PM on 02/02/13
CheckeredFloors
nah
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Band was so great in Melbourne.

<3 u
04:24 PM on 02/02/13
nevelsaynevels
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Has anything else been said about the vinyl box set?
04:52 PM on 02/02/13
saintnumberfive
Don't wake me, I plan on sleeping
User Info.
Platinum in Canada is only 100,000 records sold

Really? Wow ok.
05:44 PM on 02/02/13
baton
ftfmusic.net
User Info.
glad I caught them live too, but it was few years ago already, would love to see them again, or hear some new music, but that's not gonna happen ehh
11:06 PM on 02/02/13
Djentleman
User Info.
That's quite poor coming from Pierce The Veil. The shortest headline set I've ever experience was probably 11 songs, which is still short, but not as pathetic as 8. By any chance, were there 4/5 supports on that tour?

even 11-12 songs is short, to me. used to Blink 182 & New Found Glory spoiling their fans
with 20+ song setlists. 4 bands opened for Pierce The Veil

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version