Username
Password

10:30 PM on 02/03/13 
User Info.
qwerty22
we're pieces on the board
Maryland
Male
There's some stuff here to like. There is also some stuff that makes me see why many people don't like it. The comments about nobody liking this without the campaign/brand new connections are just flat out wrong though, and make me wonder if certain people around here have ever realized that sometimes people like stuff that they personally do not like themselves.
11:57 AM on 02/04/13 
User Info.
qwerty22
Maryland
Male
It's really the opposite...people wouldn't be hating on it as much without the campaign/brand new connections.

Well I agree. But many are making the claim that this would have received no interest at all if it wasn't for the connections. People need to just take the music for what it is.
12:01 PM on 02/04/13 
User Info.
qwerty22
Maryland
Male
you have absolutely no idea if this is true or not.

The people hating on it probably never would have heard it if it wasn't for the campaign, so I think it's safe to say that the hate wouldn't be there.
12:07 PM on 02/04/13 
User Info.
qwerty22
Maryland
Male
how would the people hating on it have never heard of it but the people who like it would have? they would have to market it somehow to get it to the ears of people, so no.

I didn't say that the people who like it would have heard it. It would probably been more like a Coasta situation with their slight connection to Brand New, if you can even call it that. Gradually, people would have been made aware that Brian was in a new band and would have checked it out that way, but in this scenario, the fanboys wouldn't have gotten all pissed because their lofty expectations wouldn't have been there. The campaign created a polarizing effect.
12:12 PM on 02/04/13 
User Info.
qwerty22
Maryland
Male
yeah, the people that hate this aren't fanboys that are let down. this is a fucking terrible album because the music is bad.

some aren't. but a lot are. at the very least, the reaction would have been, "ok, this is bad, i'm going to turn it off now and listen to something else" instead of posting about it repeatedly for a month.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos