Password

06:59 PM on 02/04/13 
User Info.
Amongster
Still On The Sand
Illinois, USA
Female - 24 Years Old
The only song I really liked was Baby Shakes

The song be funky fresh. Haters gon' hate.
10:38 PM on 02/04/13 
User Info.
Geology Rocks!
Why are you so afraid?
Perth, Australia
Male
I've said this almost everytime it's come up. Baby Shakes is a lost recording from the Rocky Horror Picture Show productions. "Sweet Tranvestite" rip off or something. The whole album is enjoyable, and that song is amazing. But the music oh my god. Rocky Horror, Hello!
11:54 PM on 02/04/13 
User Info.
SoundwaveUproar
Registered Member
Male - 22 Years Old
Anyone want two tickets to their show at Mercury Loungue this Thursday?
I have a friend that may want them, PM me?
04:59 AM on 02/05/13 
User Info.
RiCCioLi
Midtown Saves.
nj
Male - 30 Years Old
So did anyone get the digital download yet from their pre-order? I've been waiting to listen to the album until I got mine, and it still hasn't been sent yet. Damn it.

ALSO, I have one extra ticket to Thursday's show if anyone is interested. PM me
05:21 AM on 02/05/13 
User Info.
MrGlanthor
The next Paul Heyman Guy
Long Island
Male - 21 Years Old
I wish I could go :( freakin 21 and over
10:22 AM on 02/05/13 
User Info.
degaussed
Columbus, OH
Female - 30 Years Old
how do we confirm who all is involved with this? will the vinyl have liner notes or whatever?
12:40 PM on 02/05/13 
User Info.
atlastitsok
Phoenix, AZ
Male - 27 Years Old
how do we confirm who all is involved with this? will the vinyl have liner notes or whatever?

likely - and the show that happens this week will likely feature all the members of the band
01:05 PM on 02/05/13 
User Info.
sammynicxo
No Avatar Selected
New Windsor, NY
Female - 24 Years Old
I've said this almost everytime it's come up. Baby Shakes is a lost recording from the Rocky Horror Picture Show productions. "Sweet Tranvestite" rip off or something. The whole album is enjoyable, and that song is amazing. But the music oh my god. Rocky Horror, Hello!

YES. It reminds me soooo much of Rocky Horror! I am glad it's not just me!
01:07 PM on 02/05/13 
User Info.
sammynicxo
No Avatar Selected
New Windsor, NY
Female - 24 Years Old
Honestly, I'm quite disappointed. It's not quite what I expected. I really, really love Piano Wire #12, but the rest of the album just doesn't do it for me at all. :/ I feel like on a lot of the tracks, the lyrics don't match up to the music. Maybe if I could see the lyrics I could find something I like, but right now, it's mostly just gibberish, and I dislike that. :[
01:41 PM on 02/05/13 
User Info.
degaussed
Columbus, OH
Female - 30 Years Old
likely - and the show that happens this week will likely feature all the members of the band

true, was wondering if it was ever confirmed if sapone produced this... but the fangirl in me wants to know if jesse lacey is doing bass.
02:12 PM on 02/05/13 
User Info.
atlastitsok
Phoenix, AZ
Male - 27 Years Old
Honestly, I'm quite disappointed. It's not quite what I expected. I really, really love Piano Wire #12, but the rest of the album just doesn't do it for me at all. :/ I feel like on a lot of the tracks, the lyrics don't match up to the music. Maybe if I could see the lyrics I could find something I like, but right now, it's mostly just gibberish, and I dislike that. :[
there's a rough working of all the lyrics in the shone thread (still going at 17500+ posts strong). I think understanding the lyrics will definitely help. A major part in this album is understanding the story the lyrics and marketing have told. without that i could really see this being just nonsense.

http://absolutepunk.net/showthread.p...st=118 494441
06:59 PM on 02/05/13 
User Info.
wall e
@mattobrien37
Agawam, MA
Male - 24 Years Old
Definitely my favourite record I have heard this year thus far, and I'd be really surprised if it is not at least in my top 5 by the end of the year. I love My Bloody Valentine, and I have always enjoyed Silverstein, but I can't really give those records a chance right now as I just keep on switching back to this.

As for the negativity on here, what I don't understand is that people are complaining about the vocals, yet to me they are very similar to an early Robert Smith. The Cure are held in pretty high regard on Absolutepunk, so this makes me think that nobody has actually listened to the Cure, and only say they like them because Robert Smith's vocals on that one really good blink song. Also, the lyrics and vocals are clearly meant to be theatrical and I don't think people are picking up on it.

Back to the record, Bestial is one of the best album closer's I've heard in a couple of years, such a good song. The pre-chorus section after the lyrics "he better have his boots on" is phenomenal. This record is too good to get buried by its own hype. Hopefully in time the right ears get to hear this, as its definitely not a record that fits with most users of this website

Fall Out Boy got over 1000 hits today ... I think that says enough

oh my god
07:09 PM on 02/05/13 
User Info.
Star Slight
lol never listened to the cure
12:40 PM on 02/08/13 
User Info.
brighteye
No Avatar Selected
Male - 24 Years Old
Anyone find any live vids??
01:37 PM on 02/08/13 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
Really dig Piano Wire #12 and Metal Bones so far. Just started listening the album so I hope the other tracks are as good. Metal Bones is awesome

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos