Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 29 of 29
01:37 AM on 02/04/13
adamoflazzarath
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Reading the description of the Sherri option - Max is just one of the best businessmen in music. That's usually looked at as a bad thing, but what Max has done here is nothing short of magnificent. Amazing business model, and he's got it all figured out. The options he includes with the Sherri option are marketing gold. Really, really, really respect how he's found a way to make a fairly notable living doing something he loves.

Also, would love to hear the process in coming up with that $207 price tag.

Except the sound quality is shit and it sounds like he's writing some of them in 10 seconds...someone else said it earlier, he's spreading himself too thin. I think in theory song shop is a cool idea but writing this much this quickly cheapens the meaning of music. I don't blame him for trying to make a buck but I'm not about to gush over him for being a "music making machine." I believe great musical ideas come to you and are not made sitting down calculating the process. He's made a lot of money I think he need to up the sound fidelity by now.
03:47 AM on 02/04/13
jco3
Hi.
User Info.
This is the internet, so I have to have an opinion...

And, without being rude, I'm really not into the song-shop deal. Especially after hearing about that other dude's experience in the other thread. 75-200 dollars is a bit pricey, especially with the lack of shipping/producing expenses needed. Garageband is free, as is the price of sending the song, etc.

Yeah, just saying all that, I feel like an ass. But, yeah, this just ain't my bag, baby. And, who am I to tell people how and where to spend their money? I'd be down if it were my favorite artist ever, and if it this were to cost maybe 10 bucks, or less... but $75, for half a song? Tommy no likey. This has essentially turned into a process of money for a song, plus a donation.

And, again, it's your money, do what you will with it, people of the net, the world wide web, the blogasphere, and the interweb.

There's much more to be said, about this, and many other issues in the world, but right now, I'm a tired boy, and my pillow is calling me.
04:37 AM on 02/04/13
VinnyJ5
User Info.
Glad Max is making money somehow but after a certain point this seems a little bit like musical prostitution.

That being said, if people continue to pay then more power to him.

He's likely made 5x the money from the song shop than he's made from say anything over his entire career.
06:44 AM on 02/04/13
cowlord
( \_(ツ)_/)
User Info.
I used this song shop idea in my Senior Research paper in High School about potential futures for the music industry. My teacher loved this part haha
07:26 AM on 02/04/13
jhog3411
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

And, without being rude, I'm really not into the song-shop deal. Especially after hearing about that other dude's experience in the other thread. 75-200 dollars is a bit pricey, especially with the lack of shipping/producing expenses needed. Garageband is free, as is the price of sending the song, etc.

Yeah, just saying all that, I feel like an ass. But, yeah, this just ain't my bag, baby. And, who am I to tell people how and where to spend their money? I'd be down if it were my favorite artist ever, and if it this were to cost maybe 10 bucks, or less... but $75, for half a song? Tommy no likey. This has essentially turned into a process of money for a song, plus a donation.

And, again, it's your money, do what you will with it, people of the net, the world wide web, the blogasphere, and the interweb.

There's much more to be said, about this, and many other issues in the world, but right now, I'm a tired boy, and my pillow is calling me.
The price seems fine to me. People are paying it so they must think it is worth the price he is charging. He could probably charge more if he wanted to and still sell out. He has a unique talent and is offering a unique product. Max can charge whatever he wants and if you don't want to pay it then it's your choice as a consumer.

So you're saying people should do what they want with their money but you won't pay for a song? That seems perfectly fine to me. Like I said, it's your choice and it doesn't make you an ass to feel that it is too expensive or not something you're interested in.
08:41 AM on 02/04/13
ghelms88
Back by Popular Demand
User Info.
Guy is making bank on this Song Shop.
08:55 AM on 02/04/13
botDs-r
www.twitter.com/shawnhyphenray
User Info.
Does anybody have a link to a song he's done for you so I can hear how they actually sound (quality-wise and such)? Please and thanks.
09:16 AM on 02/04/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Does anybody have a link to a song he's done for you so I can hear how they actually sound (quality-wise and such)? Please and thanks.
There's a ton on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...is+song +shop
09:36 AM on 02/04/13
botDs-r
www.twitter.com/shawnhyphenray
User Info.
oh I didn't think about searching youtube...thanks
10:17 AM on 02/04/13
streetcar
User Info.

Link to the other dudes experience or just tell me what happened? Im just curios.
11:53 AM on 02/04/13
ari telescope
kitties
User Info.
I wonder what the guiness world record for amount of completely structured songs created (and/or sold) by an individual is. Cause shit, he's written a lot of full, unique songs. That's insane, and he just keeps going.
09:34 PM on 02/04/13
jco3
Hi.
User Info.
Link to the other dudes experience or just tell me what happened? Im just curios.
Don't have a link, but he basically was unhappy with the finished product. The dude said that it seemed as if Mr. Bemis was making the song up as he went along, plus there were guitar mishaps. I don't know, it's like, if you're paying that much for one song, one would expect some hq stuff.
10:24 PM on 02/04/13
streetcar
User Info.
Don't have a link, but he basically was unhappy with the finished product. The dude said that it seemed as if Mr. Bemis was making the song up as he went along, plus there were guitar mishaps. I don't know, it's like, if you're paying that much for one song, one would expect some hq stuff.
Bet. The ones I heard on youtube i could tell were done in garageband and like 2 and some minutes long. I cant take away from this song shop idea and what hes done in his career but I know I would never pay to have Max sing some of my words written down with a forced pop punk acoustic song behind it.

also if anyone is gonna get mad at what I said, know that I love say anything and all of their albums and love the song shop idea I would just never pay for one. unless it was written by Chino Moreno and Taylor Swift. together.
11:35 PM on 02/06/13
thetripwirescor
User Info.
think i'm "the dude." here's what i had to say:

Just received mine after purchasing last summer. Figured this is a good place to speak up.

I had listened to a bunch of his song shop songs via youtube and wasn't very impressed but, still, I guess I held out hope that mine would strike the right chords (literally and figuratively) with me. I was not impressed and actually don't really like much about the song. It's basically two chords repeated, with a very weak, almost non-existant melody. At one point, he very clearly messes up on the guitar but, oh well, on he moves. It sounds like, as I'm sure is most likely the case, he wrote it as he recorded it.

I understand no matter how much of a disclaimer I put here, I will get flamed by Bemis/SA fans, but, this is merely my critique of a single song I commissioned. I will admit that I write songs (que the: "oh, you think you could write better song then Max? Even if you had to write 1000 songs??"). I purchased this song because I am a fan of SA and Max in particular. I think he's a very talented, legit dude. More importantly, I purchased the song for someone who really loved SA.

I love that it's Max's voice, addressing the topic I had written about. I believe he gave it the amount of effort I figured he would - I can't say I'm surprised. I think he's killing it with the song shop stuff and he's a genius for thinking it up and a damn hard worker for implementing it as many times as he has. In the end, I guess the old adage "it is what it is" just about sums it up.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos