ShaneSilverstein
Silverstein / Shane Told
User Info.
BABABABABABABABABABABABABABABABABAB ABABBABA
05:02 PM on 02/04/13
ShaneSilverstein
Silverstein / Shane Told
User Info.
i've seen you live and the clean vocals weren't up to what i heard on the records, have you gotten this a lot or was i just at an off show? btw love you guys and the albums, not trying to hurt your feelings, just pumped for the new album and up coming tour.
I had kind of a brutal cold the last couple shows that could have been it, because I'm MUCH better than I used to be back in the day.
05:04 PM on 02/04/13
ShaneSilverstein
Silverstein / Shane Told
User Info.
New album is great, really digging it! by the way, I went to your show in Santa Ana on Saturday and man can you guys put on a SHOW. Got barricade and still in pain from all the rowdiness but soooo worth it. Hope to see y'all again.
Thanks! Had an absolute(punk) blast! Orange County has always been amazing to us
05:06 PM on 02/04/13
ShaneSilverstein
Silverstein / Shane Told
User Info.
What's the best way to "stay on your game" when it comes to lyrics and songwriting in general? By the way, the new album is fantastic!
I think it's just about being honest with where you are at any given moment and really not trying to fake it. When people fake it it's obvious. As you grow older and have more experience your perspective changes and your lyrics and ideas should reflect that even if it sometimes compromises what you've said before. It's life and growing up is a huge part of it.
05:08 PM on 02/04/13
ShaneSilverstein
Silverstein / Shane Told
User Info.
Absolutely love the new record. Out of the album, which song are you most proud of collectively? And of course, your current beer of choice?
I gotta say "With Second Chances" really jumps out at me right now. It was a sleeper. It almost didn't make the album. As for beer, I got my hands on a Pliny the Elder yesterday and wow, that is a BEER.
05:10 PM on 02/04/13
ShaneSilverstein
Silverstein / Shane Told
User Info.
best song is easily hide your secrets. So much meaning
Glad you dig! It was a throwback to old school Silverstein a little bit. thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
05:13 PM on 02/04/13
ShaneSilverstein
Silverstein / Shane Told
User Info.
First I'd like to say it was awesome to meet you guys in Pontiac on the Take Action tour, and even more awesome you guys took my request and played Red Light Pledge.

Second, the new album is phenomenal. It's always so awesome just to see how consistent you guys are with putting out great music.

My question is what made you want to write a concept album again?
Nice to meet you too!

After we made Shipwreck, I was really stoked on it, but that record almost killed me. It was very difficult to make. So when it came time to make what became Rescue I don't think I was able to put myself in the right place again to make another concept album. And I didn't want to force it. So now, years after Shipwreck, I felt like I had an idea I wanted to follow through with and thought I could do something special with this one.
05:15 PM on 02/04/13
ShaneSilverstein
Silverstein / Shane Told
User Info.
How important is crowd reaction to the quality of your performance? I saw you guys at Santa Ana and San Diego, and the crowd was much better (and so were you guys!) for the second show. Do you tend to take requests more readily when the crowd is more into it?
I actually thought both shows were great! But really, it all depends on the situation and it's all kinda random. We played once in a small town in NC, and it was a "snow storm" 30 kids came, and we ended up taken requests and played for 2 hours. Totally random, but fun as fuck. We like to mix it up.
05:15 PM on 02/04/13
ShaneSilverstein
Silverstein / Shane Told
User Info.
I have to share, I recorded my praying mantis eating his first meal to "See Ya Bill":

Short Songs is just too perfect, and touring on that album front-to-back was fantastic.
Best 8 second video ever
05:16 PM on 02/04/13
ShaneSilverstein
Silverstein / Shane Told
User Info.
Your new guitarist rules. Arrivals is a great song.
Yeah he does. And he has an awesome "american V" shaped body. Get into it. #kindahomo
05:18 PM on 02/04/13
ShaneSilverstein
Silverstein / Shane Told
User Info.
but in all seriousness. the DIY Motto has really taken affect in past two years. with basement shows and a VFW halls. the question is do you like Little Tiny place or gigantic Clubs?
We like both. We like big outdoor festivals too. But seriously we just like the variation. After doing a big outdoor festival tour, we can't wait to get back in the small clubs, and after a big House Of Blues style tour, it's nice to get back to the no barricade or floor shows. It's all good my brotha
05:19 PM on 02/04/13
ShaneSilverstein
Silverstein / Shane Told
User Info.
I love you guys by the way. This is how the wind shifts is incredible. Have you guys ever thought of re recording WBIEF ? Just to hear how you guys have progressed on a studio album?
Also, is it true 2 of the songs on the new album when played together create a 15th song?
You are a smart smart man.
05:21 PM on 02/04/13
ShaneSilverstein
Silverstein / Shane Told
User Info.
What city that your not hitting on the headlining tour do you really want to play?
Would love to play these cities we unfortuantely missed: Seattle, Portland, StL, Milwaukee, Pitts, Vermont, SF, and Austin, TX. And more I probably forgot. But we'll do some smaller cities sometime!
05:23 PM on 02/04/13
ShaneSilverstein
Silverstein / Shane Told
User Info.
I have some sad news. I can't see you guys on the 19th of February, the reason is because its my mom's birthday. She likes your music and I'm like why is this happening to me??? I haven't seen you guys since when you tour with BTE, BTF, and ASL. *crying*
Oh man, maybe you can convince your mom to have a little one on one birthday outing the next day? take her out for lunch and a little spa time. Could work!
05:24 PM on 02/04/13
ShaneSilverstein
Silverstein / Shane Told
User Info.
If you had to choose: What one of your previous albums is the most similar to the new one?
None of them are really similar but I guess the closest is Shipwreck in the Sand
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests